Trump turning on us.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Trump turning on us.

Postby Netpackrat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:16 am

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

randy

Re: Trump turning on us.

Postby randy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:39 am

This is my shocked face :|

The good news is that he's likely to forget about this the next time someone says something mean about him on twitter in 5,4,3...
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".

Precision
Active Shooter

Postby Precision » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:23 am

In fairness to Trump, he was never with us any more than Zumbo or the other "but" people.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/

Vonz90
Active Shooter

Postby Vonz90 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:51 am

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... n-guns.php

On this specific issue, I suspect he will not float too much because there isn't much to gain, but overall, yeah, it is a matter of time. (I wish it was not true.)

Frankingun
Trigger Junkie

Postby Frankingun » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:09 am

If only there was a large national group of of gun owners that could educate him on certain issues..,
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.

SoupOrMan
Good Christ I Need A Life

Postby SoupOrMan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:12 am

That assumes he'd listen long enough...
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds

FelixEstrella
On a list somewhere

Postby FelixEstrella » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:16 pm

Shocked I tell you ... shocked. You always knew Trump had delusions of dictatorial grandeur. Should be interesting .... <pulls out popcorn>
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig

blackeagle603
Probably Unemployed

Postby blackeagle603 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:25 am

yeah makes me pucker up.

OTOH, stick with the "Don't take what he says seriously. Take what he does seriously." He's defused a lot of the media energy. Now let the House and then Senate slow down work as the emotional time constant decays.

Yeah, I know hope's not a strategy...
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story

Steamforger
On a list somewhere

Postby Steamforger » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:25 am

Feinstein nearly slides off her seat

That woman is a fucking ghoul.

Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Postby Netpackrat » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:13 am

Saw this quip over on another forum:

EVEN IF this actually IS the Upside-Down, Underwater 4D chess I've been told Trump is playing I DON'T LIKE him gambling with my essential liberties.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop

JKosprey
Trigger Junkie

Postby JKosprey » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:05 pm

So, confession time:

I supported Bernie Sanders this past election (with Gary Johnson as a close 2nd).

I didn't do it because I really LIKED Bernie, or because I necessarily agreed with him on things. I did it because he was at least able to put up a convincing veneer that he was an honest man who genuinely believed in the things he was pushing for.

I didn't see that from Trump or Hillary. Nobody anywhere in the country should be surprised that the lifelong NYC Dem turned Republican for electoral convenience doesn't actually give a shit about gun rights.

Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Postby Netpackrat » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:59 pm

Or is it just Trump being Trump, after all?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nra-a ... le/2650506

HTRN
Probably Unemployed

Postby HTRN » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:47 am

JKosprey wrote:I supported Bernie Sanders this past election..

JKosprey wrote:I really LIKED Bernie,

Uhm....
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt

scipioafricanus
Loose Cannon

Postby scipioafricanus » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:32 pm

JKosprey wrote:So, confession time:

I supported Bernie Sanders this past election (with Gary Johnson as a close 2nd).

I didn't do it because I really LIKED Bernie, or because I necessarily agreed with him on things. I did it because he was at least able to put up a convincing veneer that he was an honest man who genuinely believed in the things he was pushing for.

He isn't honest; he is delusional. He thinks Venezuela is doing great.
https://youtu.be/-zocMv3OU2c
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka

blackeagle603
Probably Unemployed

Postby blackeagle603 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) declined to readjust the Senate schedule for a rush to gun control and will instead consider a banking bill this week.

Mitch stands in the gap
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story

skb12172

Postby skb12172 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:38 pm

blackeagle603 wrote:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) declined to readjust the Senate schedule for a rush to gun control and will instead consider a banking bill this week.

Mitch stands in the gap

So the Turtle is actually making himself useful. I hope it lasts.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.

MarkD
Active Shooter

Postby MarkD » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:46 pm

The best we can say of Trump is that he's not Hillary. What would've happened by now had she won?????

Netpackrat
Probably Unemployed

Postby Netpackrat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:05 pm

skb12172 wrote:
blackeagle603 wrote:

Mitch stands in the gap

So the Turtle is actually making himself useful. I hope it lasts.

He's also the main reason Obama didn't get a 3rd supreme court pick.

HTRN
Probably Unemployed

Postby HTRN » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:12 pm

scipioafricanus wrote:

He isn't honest; he is delusional. He thinks Venezuela is doing great.
https://youtu.be/-zocMv3OU2c

He's Trotsky to Hillary's Stalin :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt

Weetabix

Postby Weetabix » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:30 pm

I didn't see that from Trump or Hillary. Nobody anywhere in the country should be surprised that the lifelong NYC Dem turned Republican for electoral convenience doesn't actually give a shit about gun rights.

I salute you! I'm guessing it was a bit hard to post that here without thinking you were going to get some raking over the coals. I can always respect someone for doing something for reasons they've considered, even if I don't agree with the reasons. But that's what makes for interesting discussion.

I have to admit that I didn't like Bernie because I thought he was being honest about believing the things he was pushing for.

I didn't like Trump because I thought a lot of what he'd done in the past meant Trump was solely for Trump. I was voting against Hillary. And I honestly thought she'd win.

But I like a lot of what Trump has done since he got in. I could still square that with Trump doing what's best for Trump, but in the long run rather than the short run. Still not sure what to think of him except that he's miles better than what Hillary would have been.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D

MiddleAgedKen
On a list somewhere

Postby MiddleAgedKen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:15 am

Points to JKOsprey for honesty. I couldn't support Sanders or Stein because I was convinced they were sincere about their beliefs.

I couldn't vote Libertarian because I was convinced they, like the Reform Party, don't believe in anything other than ballot access. Bob Barr? Bill Weld? I ask you.

I thought about sitting 'er out, but decided I would crawl naked over broken glass to keep Felonia von Pantsuit out of the Oval Office. So I did.

Trump has one thing in common with Lincoln: he's been fortunate in his enemies (i.e. they're an order of magnitude worse).
Watergate didn't have a body count.

JKosprey
Trigger Junkie

Postby JKosprey » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:51 am

HTRN wrote:
JKosprey wrote:I supported Bernie Sanders this past election..

JKosprey wrote:I really LIKED Bernie,

Uhm....

Second quote is out of context, but maybe my fault. I supported him despite disagreeing, because he was the only one that at least managed to present himself in a reasonably honorable manner. I wasn't a die-hard, but I still felt better about that vote than any of the other options. (Gary was choice one on general principle, but he didn't have a shot in hell once he didn't make debates).

Return to “Politics, Law, and Justice”