Utilikilts!

The place for your detailed reviews and reports for guns and gear
Aaron

Re: Utilikilts!

Post by Aaron »

All very true, but I'm still wondering how this devolved into a discussion of men's formal/business wear.
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom,...Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you...; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.

-Samuel Adams

Irate Islander
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I think I must be on the other end of the spectrum.
My entire wardrobe is hanging on a dozen hangers on a curtain rod or in a pile on the floor. I own one pair of black pants and three dress shirts. 99% of the time I wear one of two pairs of chinos and one of two company logo polo shirts. I own one pair of jeans and two kilts. One pair black oxford shoes, one pair leather deck shoes and one pair hiking boots.
My mother-in-law likes to give me ties for gifts, so I have two dozen, but only wear them two or three times a year.
The last funeral I went to I wore the Black Watch kilt, a green dress shirt and black tie.
Next year my oldest son is getting married. I'll probably have to buy a tux.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Flintlock Tom wrote:I think I must be on the other end of the spectrum.
Next year my oldest son is getting married. I'll probably have to buy a tux.
There is hope for you yet! You can always rent!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Aaron wrote:All very true, but I'm still wondering how this devolved into a discussion of men's formal/business wear.
Considering that it started out as a discussion of men wearing dresses, the thread drift should be viewed as a good thing.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

It's not a dress. It's a kilt, Sicko!
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
merll2005

Post by merll2005 »

Netpackrat wrote:
Aaron wrote:All very true, but I'm still wondering how this devolved into a discussion of men's formal/business wear.
Considering that it started out as a discussion of men wearing dresses, the thread drift should be viewed as a good thing.
Skirts
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I don't care how you self justify it, you're still a guy wearing a dress. Or skirt, whatever. :shock:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Netpackrat wrote:I don't care how you self justify it, you're still a guy wearing a dress. Or skirt, whatever. :shock:
Worse, it requires unrestrained Wedding Tackle and the discussion thereof.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
merll2005

Post by merll2005 »

Netpackrat wrote:I don't care how you self justify it, you're still a guy wearing a dress. Or skirt, whatever. :shock:
The distinction between skirt and dress is important. With a dress you have to worry about inappropriately plunging necklines.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

apparently the reference to Jim Carey's line in "The Grinch" went by ya. Sick-o! :-)

link
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story