Rumpshots Revenge IV

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
308Mike

Re: Rumpshots Revenge IV

Post by 308Mike »

Rumpshot wrote:Mike some of the "obstructions" that you were working on "clearing" last year must have had some problem with recent wind. They all seemed to have blown over. Made a big difference.
Well, at least I helped make some firewood for all ya'!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Well more than half way through.

Beautiful day. Sunny, 90 degrees, slight breeze. Lots of targets. Lots of guns. Lots of ammo. After the shooting died down, off to dinner. Friends, Food, Firearms, how can life get much better. Oh yeah, after dinner, sitting around the fire, watching the milky way, visiting and Firewater.

Will go after it again tomorrow. Some folks will be quiting early. Tom and Virginia will be heading back to PRK early. Chris & Mel have to leave mid-day to fetch the girls. After that will be cleanup.

I have pictures, but not tonight. Got in a "family" photo late this afternoon. Borrowed Tom's Trap Door Springfield, next to the 30-40 Krag, next to the 1903, next to the M1 Garand, next to my AR-15. All Springfield Arsenal except my AR. Would have been nice to include an M1A in the group. All the rifles were sporting bayonets for the photos.

Early this morning before most folks arrived at the site, I got a call from Rod. He wished us well and wished he could have been there.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Kimberly & I are both saying we wish we could be there!! We also wish *someone* had a CURE for Lupus, and not just to take care of the symptoms!!

We hope everyone had a GREAT day, took LOTS of pictures, and got LOTS of trigger time!!!!

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

308Mike wrote:Kimberly & I are both saying we wish we could be there!! We also wish *someone* had a CURE for Lupus, and not just to take care of the symptoms!!

We hope everyone had a GREAT day, took LOTS of pictures, and got LOTS of trigger time!!!!
We wish you could be here too. Both of you. Kimberly would have been uncomfortable with the sunshine yesterday. There is hope for the Lupus though. I know you have been researching it and should continue to do so. My sister-in-law was diagnosed with Lupus (I think she had both internal and external) AND given 5 years to live, in 1972. She has out lived her mother, husband, and son and is still going strong. She is still on medication, but most of the symptoms are relatively benign now. She leads a relatively normal life including gardening. Her Lupus is not gone, but is in remission and has been for a long time.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

RRIV is over.

We finished teardown, packup about 1:30 PM.

Will try to make a run up in a few weeks and pick up brass that has surfaced from the dust.

George is scouting for a new site that is more transit friendly.

Thanks to all who made the trip and made this all worth while.

Special thanks to John & Myrrh, AZMark, and Kommander for their help in collecting the targets and helping cleanup and pack up.

I am open to suggestions to make this better, maybe bigger, in the future. But, with the curmudgeon in me, open to suggestions does not mean I will implement them. :)

My signs are a bit on the beaten side. We did not have any .50 BMG weapons. So there is room for improvement. Though a couple of .715 rounds did go downrange.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Rumpshot wrote:Though a couple of .715 rounds did go downrange.
Details, details, details.....

Any other BP cannons, 2-liter Tannerite bottles? :shock: :D

AZMARK

Post by AZMARK »

308Mike wrote:
Rumpshot wrote:Though a couple of .715 rounds did go downrange.
Details, details, details.....

Any other BP cannons, 2-liter Tannerite bottles? :shock: :D
JohnOC got an into to blackpowder courtesy of Rumpshot. Sent a couple of barrels of 12ga shot down range, then the round balls. Completely upended the the clanger he was shooting at with the first shot of ball.

No 2 liter bottles, did a quart bottle of tannerite :shock: 8-) , and a bunch of 1lb and 1/2lb bottles.
My favorite story of his ended with "...and so he went out the back door in his bathrobe, flipped the AK to 'Afrikaner', and started hosing the baboons off his tennis court." - Tam
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

My mortar kicked things off on Sat morning with a pill bottle full of water. Blown to smitherns on the discharge.

Sun the mortar kicked a 1 pound lead ball over the ridge. The mortar rolled over in defeat with that round.

Later in the day the mortar lobbed an orange golf ball up and maybe over the hill.

Have not looked at pictures yet.

Flintlock Tom was in great form on Saturday with his kilt and NoR shirt.

Tom took a shower and changed out of his kilt for dinner, but Kommander took a shower and changed into his kilt. Overall, two kilts were seen at RRIV!

Two NoR shirts were there to represent the Nation of Riflemen.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Setting targets

Organizing the Springfield Armory family

The Springfield Armory family
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Sharp-shooter, Range-master, observer

Shade was at a premium

The prize for eating your soup the fastest was Melody's world-famous chocolate chip cookies
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?