Rumpshots Revenge IV

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
BadgerAZ

Re: Rumpshots Revenge IV

Post by BadgerAZ »

Rumpshot: My wife just learned she'll have to be in Tucson all day Saturday, so I'll have to stay home, will have to miss RRIV. I'm very, shall we say to be polite, *unhappy* about it, but I do have to admit hers is more critical. I've been planning for RRIV for some time, but life is as it is, I guess.
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

We'll be packing and heading out in 4 or so hours.

N1SIV
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

BadgerAZ wrote:Rumpshot: My wife just learned she'll have to be in Tucson all day Saturday, so I'll have to stay home, will have to miss RRIV. I'm very, shall we say to be polite, *unhappy* about it, but I do have to admit hers is more critical. I've been planning for RRIV for some time, but life is as it is, I guess.
I do have to admit, there are occasions when you must submit to "She Who Must Be Obeyed."

Don't sweat it, there is always next year.

I work in Goodyear and some weekend when I stay down and we could make a trip to Buckeye.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
MelodyByrne

Post by MelodyByrne »

We'll be leaving at 3ish with a stop at the Sportsmans Warehouse in North Phoenix.
MelodyByrne

Post by MelodyByrne »

Well hell. Got a headsup from Kommandr that the 69 is down to one lane so we checked lane closures for the entire way up. The 89 has one lane closed as well, all the way to Paulden.

It's going to take us over 3 hours to get there. We most likely will not be at the site tonight, we might just check in to the B&B and get some dinner.

We'll be there bright and early on Saturday though.
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

Looking like closer to a 16:00 departure for me, so most likely will not be making it out to the site tonight either, unless someone really needs the the tent I offered previously.

Call me at [spoiler](removed)[/spoiler] if that is the case and we can work something out, else I will see whomever is attending tomorrow AM.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Draven

Post by Draven »

*sigh*

Have fun guys, shoot off a few for me while i work all weekend...
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

We'll be standing by for photos.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Virginia and I left San Diego this morning at 0900, we got to the hotel in Chino Valley at 1800. Long day, long drive. I'm going to load a few more 45-70s then to bed. See you all in the morning.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Into 3rd cup of coffee. 35 degrees in Paulden overnight. Gotta load firesticks into car and head up to the range. Kommander spent the night at the range. Don't know if anyone else made it in to camp out or not.

Steel targets set part way up the hill. Need to paint some of them white to stand out a bit better. The firing line is longer than the old site with separate rifle and pistol areas. Mike some of the "obstructions" that you were working on "clearing" last year must have had some problem with recent wind. They all seemed to have blown over. Made a big difference.

The road has not gotten any smoother. Took me over 30 minutes to drive the truck up from my house yesterday. With a smaller, lighter vehicle it is not that bad, but the rough is still there.

For the late risers in Chino Valley, Mazy's is the local gunshop/gunsmith. As you head out of town towards Paulden/RRIV, the last stoplight has a McD's on the left. Turn left there and just behind the "shopping" center on the left is Mazy's. He opens at 8 AM and has a pretty good inventory of ammo. If you stop in say hi to Dave and Kedron for me.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona