Rumpshots Revenge IV

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Rumpshot

Re: Rumpshots Revenge IV

Post by Rumpshot »

As of 2:00 PM this afternoon, Days Inn in Chino Valley still had 4 or 5 rooms left for Friday and Saturday night. They have taken the vacancy sign off the website. Call them direct at: 928-636-0355.

Seems that Gunsite, local weddings and funerals are their biggest customers. Then along comes the folks from The Gun Counter!
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I thought Gunsite had their own bunkhouse.

And, with all the business you'd think someone else would build another hotel.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

The Porta-Jon was delivered yesterday afternoon. Tip jar is open to pay for the rental.

The temperature at my house at 6 AM this morning was 33 degrees. Forecast temperatures for Sat and Sun are from the airport 25 miles distant. 85 for highs and 45 for lows. Wind south at 6 knots on Sat, and southsoutheast at 8 knots for Sun. The highs are probably pretty close, the lows will be cooler in Paulden. Hopefully the wind will be no higher than forecast.

Astronomical data for the 16th:
October 16, 2009 Rise: Set:
Actual Time 6:36 AM MST 5:53 PM MST
Civil Twilight 6:11 AM MST 6:18 PM MST
Nautical Twilight 5:41 AM MST 6:48 PM MST
Astronomical Twilight 5:12 AM MST 7:17 PM MST
Moon 4:57 AM MST 4:46 PM MST
Length Of Visible Light: 12h 07m
Length of Day 11h 16m
The new moon will be on the 17th. For you stargazers the milky way was gorgeous last night.

Chris/Mel and anyone else going to the Teapot Inn B&B. Center street is closed for construction on the west side of Hwy89. To get to the Inn from the south, turn left (west) on Road 1 South, go west to Road 1 West, turn right (north) to Center St. They are on the corner, SouthEast corner if memory serves me right.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Who plans to attend and when will you arrive? Have plans to feed about 25 folks on Sat eve. Can add more water to the soup to stretch it if necessary, bring your own stone....

Will pick up chairs later today.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Who are Hams that will be coming? My call is N7PXD. Should have 2 meters setup on 146.52.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I just got off work I am going to get my stuff together and head out in the next several hours. I just hope my car will be ok...

Also there we be no pumpkins this year. This is due to A) I no longer have my truck and B) Since it's before Halloween instead of paying a buck a pumpkin like previous years I would have to pay $5 per.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Kommander wrote:I just got off work I am going to get my stuff together and head out in the next several hours. I just hope my car will be ok...

Also there we be no pumpkins this year. This is due to A) I no longer have my truck and B) Since it's before Halloween instead of paying a buck a pumpkin like previous years I would have to pay $5 per.

You have a "new" car, it should be ok. We can work with you on the roads issue.

No pumpkins is okay, this year. May move the date back again for next year.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
MelodyByrne

Post by MelodyByrne »

Wal-Mart has some cheap pumpkins in the smaller size. We'll pick some up on our way in.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Leaving now. I need to pick up some .40 on the way but hope to see you all soon.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Mel, the nice small pumpkins at Wal-Mart are $.78/lb. If you find cheaper, that is fine. Up to you.

Anyone that will need to call me, send an email. I will reply with my cell number. I do have service at the site.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona