Rumpshots Revenge IV

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
Flintlock Tom

Re: Rumpshots Revenge IV

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Just doing our part to help the economy.
Well, and buying guns, of course. (4 so far this summer)
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Didja find a room?
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Rumpshot wrote:Didja find a room?
Yeah, I reserved it weeks ago. I was just checking for additional rooms in case I brought along more folks.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

UPDATE

For the last few weeks expected daughter with grandsons to visit the Revenge weekend. :D They have cancelled due to home committments. :(

Basic Schedule of events:

Friday, any and all welcome to assist. Cleanup/Setup of the range. Try to work out some good shooting lanes that don't run straight uphill. There is a DEAD camper (truck type, not human) just down the road from the site. Will attempt to pickup the wood portion for campfire material and load trash into trailer to haul out and clean up area. I will have a large tent setup for shelter from whatever weather there may be. Also an awning near the shooting line. Lots of tables too. Bring your own chairs.

Saturday, shooting starts when the range is setup and safe (8-9 AM). Shooting will continue until we quit or it is too dark to see. Then adjourn to my house for dinner. Chicken soup of some sort again (Sopa Ranchero or Tortilla Soup). Sandwich fixings will be there too, plan to make your own. Special requests will be entertained. Looking for contributions to pay for the food, plan on about $10.00/diner. Should be some of Mel's world famous cookies for desert, maybe even a cheesecake again too. Coffee will be available if you want. Iced Tea, unsweetened and water for beverages. If you would like something like a cold beer or glass of wine, you should plan to bring it along. Same with sipping whiskey or whisky. Sharing is nice.

Sunday, shooting starts when the range is setup and safe (8-9 AM). Shooting will continue until mid afternoon. I would appreciate any and all assistance bringing down the targets, target frames, picking up the brass, picking up the trash, etc. We have left the previous site looking better than we found it. I would like to continue this trend. The Ranger has been impressed with our efforts and is on our side on the event.

Shooting will include: long range rifle/pistol (100+ yards), shorter range (100 yards or less), steel and paper targets, shotgun, archery if you are so inclined. Air rifles/soft air, paintball, etc are welcome to join us.

If you intend to visit J&G Salesin Prescott, they are closed Sunday and close Saturday afternoon at 3 PM.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Driving directions to Rumpshot’s Revenge

From Phoenix and points routed through Phoenix.

• Drive north from Phoenix on I-17 to Exit 262, Hwy 69.
• Drive northwest towards Prescott on Hwy 69 through Dewey.
• Turn north on Fain Road at the stop light towards Hwy 89A.
• Fain Road joins Hwy 89A westbound on the north side of Prescott Valley, continue west to Hwy 89.
• Turn north on Hwy 89 towards Ashfork.
• Travel north on Hwy 89 through Chino Valley.
• 12 miles north of the Chino Valley Safeway store turn west on Big Chino Road. (First left turn after the railroad tracks.)
• Travel 2.5 miles west on Big Chino Road to Feather Mountain Road.
• Turn north on Feather Mountain Road (gravel road), travel north across the cattle guard until the road makes a T intersection.
• Turn left, follow the signs, approximately 2.5 miles to go.

From Interstate 40.
• Travel east from Kingman or west from Flagstaff to exit 146 on the east side of Ashfork.
• Drive south on Hwy 89 to Paulden.
• Turn west on Big Chino Road. (Last right turn before the railroad tracks.)
• Travel 2.5 miles west on Big Chino Road to Feather Mountain Road.
• Turn north on Feather Mountain Road (gravel road), travel north across the cattle guard until the road makes a T intersection.
• Turn left, follow the signs, approximately 2.5 miles to go.

If you go into Prescott, don’t forget J & G Sales, 440 Miller Valley Rd, Prescott, AZ 86301 – 2907, 928-445-9650.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

Dana,
Are you still going to pass the hat for the porta-potti?
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

I posted this last year. It is a little dated, but mostly applies.

What I have for target frames, targets, etc.

I will be planting 4 PVC tubes in the ground to support two 2 X 3 target frames. I have one portable target frame support that will hold a 1 X 2 target frame. I can bring some steel fence posts and wire to hang targets from too.

I plan to bring a couple of steel clangers home from Kalifornia next weekend. These are not hardened for high-power rifle cartridges, just homemade clangers that normally are used with black powder. If they are set at the proper distances, I will accept the “wear and tear” they will get with handguns and/or non-magnum rifle cartridges.

I have one small .22 spinner target.

I have a handheld Hyper Disk Thrower. It is basically a wrist rocket clay pigeon thrower. And ONE box of clay pigeons.

I plan to bring a 6 foot folding table, a couple of folding chairs, water jug, 10’ x 10’ awning, a couple of sawhorse tables, shovel, buckets, a couple of painters tarps, trash can, 4’ x 8’ utility trailer, maybe my Quad, and of course several assorted firearms, including my mortar. This list is not exhaustive, but a beginning.

I would like to start setting things up about 8 AM, shoot til Noon, break for lunch, and then shoot til tired. Bring a lunch. Adult beverages may not be consumed until the shooting is over, either for the individual or all shooters. Sunday repeat as desired. At the end of each day there will be a cleanup period to police the area and leave it cleaner than we will find it.

Anyone planning to attend that has additional target frames, big bore spinner targets, etc. should bring them along.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Flintlock Tom wrote:Dana,
Are you still going to pass the hat for the porta-potti?
Yup, just had not gotten to that point yet. Thank you for picking up the tab last year. :D
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Draven

Post by Draven »

And this is what i get for not paying attention around here....
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

The Porta-Jon will be delivered on Friday. And there are prime camping spaces still available. Still have not found out why the Day's Inn is fully booked. Unless there are a lot more of you guys coming than I expected.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona