Rumpshots Revenge IV

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
JohnOC

Re: Rumpshots Revenge IV

Post by JohnOC »

Rumpshot wrote:Spoke with the Mrs. about the dinner. She is more than happy to host again. She commented that she was not overly fond of the Subway Sandwiches (She likes Subway sandwiches, just not the pre-built, put your own condiments on). Nor did She want to make bread sandwiches ahead of time. The Soup is probably a go again.

Would you guys want to make your own sandwiches, buffet line style, or how would Soup and Salad go over?
Buffet line style sandwiches would be preferable to the subway, I think. It might run a little bit more expensive (please do pass the hat for this again, no reason you should bear the cost), and you will probably end up with more leftovers.. since getting enough sandwich stuffins for everyone to have a shot at what they want means if something is underused there will be a bunch of it left.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Baja boy

Post by Baja boy »

I like to make my own -- maybe each could volunteer to bring a portion--one bring buns, rolls, another bring condiments, another the lettuce tomatoes, pickles , etc--I hope to make it and I would be happy to share !!

Bob
B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
Liberals: all about choice UNTIL you choose differently than them.
Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Four weekends to go, then it will be time for Rumpshot's Revenge IV. Oct 17 & 18. Paulden, AZ. Prescott National Forest.

A full weekend of shooting fun. Bring your rifles, pistols, shotguns, centerfire, rimfire, blackpowder, even your bow and arrow.

Meet some of the misfits that post on The Gun Counter.

Camping.

Tell lies.

Saturday night dinner at Rumpshot's.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
BadgerAZ

Post by BadgerAZ »

I'm on sabbatical during that time, free as a bird. Count me there. :mrgreen:
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Couple things to bring up.

Will be setting up for RRIV on Friday Oct 16th. Early arrivals are encouraged and help with the setup will be appreciated. Help with teardown on Sunday afternoon too.

My 4 year old Grandson will be visiting us that weekend and will get his indoctrination into the world of shooting. He has a .22 rifle that he handled when he was 4 months old. He has not seen it since. He will get an opportunity to shoot it. More in keeping with his maturity and age, I have a couple of airsoft guns for him to practice with.

There were some favorable comments on the forum about the OC dinner that was held in August. There is a local blog site that holds a monthly OC dinner around the valley here in Phoenix. If you can/desire to do so, please take advantage of the opportunity to join this group. I probably won't be able to as their dinner normally takes place on a Saturday evening and I like to be home in Paulden on Saturday nights.

With all that said, I would like to propose another TGC Forum OC dinner in the near future. I am thinking of Thursday 1 Oct, 2009. Location to be determined. Anyone out there interested?

One of the things I would like to accomplish is to discuss the upcoming RRIV. Also to foster a little more comeraderie amongst those of us who read this forum and are within driving distance of Phoenix.

As always, you can send me an email through this forum. I will respond.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I'm up for an Open Carry dinner. I vote for Phil's Bar-B-Que on Sports Arena Blvd. in Point Loma.

:lol:

I made a reservation at the Days Inn in Chino Valley, so I guess I'm coming.
I'm loading up some .45-70 Black Powder cartridges for the 1884 Springfield just so some noobys can get to know what REAL guns smell like.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Flintlock Tom wrote:I'm up for an Open Carry dinner. I vote for Phil's Bar-B-Que on Sports Arena Blvd. in Point Loma.

:lol:

I made a reservation at the Days Inn in Chino Valley, so I guess I'm coming.
I'm loading up some .45-70 Black Powder cartridges for the 1884 Springfield just so some noobys can get to know what REAL guns smell like.
I don't remember Phil's Bar-B-Que on Sports Arena Blvd. I used to spend a lot of time in that area. I know it has changed a lot since I left Sandy Ago about 14 years ago.

Looking forward to checking out the Springfield! :D

Days Inn.... Not going to rough it this time?
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

The only way I could get Virginia to come along was to promise her a king-sized bed and continental breakfast.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
JohnOC

Post by JohnOC »

I'll be staying at the days inn this year. If anyone would like to use my 8x8 foot dome tent, they are welcome to it. I'll bring it 'just in case' but please post a reply if you would like to claim use of it. It will sleep 2 easily, or 3 that are friendly. I will be coming up to the site Friday evening, though probably not leaving phoenix until 5pm.
The government that is big enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have. – Thomas Jefferson
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

What a bunch of wimps. I will be staying at MY house in MY bed with MY shower nearby. :lol:
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona