Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Jered

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Jered »

Steamforger wrote: I get sent to Champaign for a training class. The best itinerary I can get without having to drive to Seattle is 3 flights. Spokane to Minneapolis to Chicago to Champaign. It sucked, but i didn't have to drive over any passes and cut about 1.5 hours off my drive time each way.
I got rid of my government travel card. Now, I don't have to worry about going anywhere.

:lol:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

Steamforger wrote:We board and take off and its clear nearly immediately that something is wrong. Lots of shuddering and unusual noises. Note to self: Never fly on Friday 13 again. Capt. comes on and says the nose gear won't retract. We do a low pass by the tower so they can verify the wheel is down. Fire trucks are scrambling to the runway. We land in one piece and they let us off the plane.
I live about four and a half miles south of that airport.

I'm glad you didn't crash into my house. :twisted:

I know a pilot who had a similar experience at that airport (bumped from two flights and a uber ride to Chicago to catch a flight back to his base so he could make it to work the next day).

He made it through, glad you did, too.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:So we acquired a cat today.
I think you're confused on who acquired who. ;) :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:
Greg wrote:So we acquired a cat today.
I think you're confused on who acquired who. ;) :mrgreen:
That may be. He's a smart little devil.

He likes me, but he follows my wife around like a puppy. Almost like he knows where the food comes from.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-gov ... 15539.html

So the CA (and NY, NJ, etc.) millionaires will owe more taxes. Boo hoo! Maybe if they start supporting state GOP candidates they can fix that.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I'm really tired of out-of-office government types sniping the hell out of in-office government types.

1. When did this start? I have an impression there used to be dignity and professional courtesy.

2. Did the Republicans do it under Obama, and I just didn't notice or it didn't annoy me because I agreed with them?

3. Did the Republicans do it under Obama, and the MSM just didn't cover it?

4. Did the R's just not do it under Obama?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

If Rs did it under Obama, it was "elder statesmen" like Kissinger - long out of office, and probably on a book tour. Or on Fox News.

W stayed on his ranch and painted.

Heck, even Bill Clinton pretty much STHU after he left office, aside from occasional appearances with Bush Sr, and he had a semi-legit reason to stick around, given that the Harpy was a Senator, the candidate, then SecState, then candidate again.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I had an idea for a play-on-words Halloween costume today. Wearing sunglasses (indoors and/or at night), a Vape in one hand and a bottle of Jaigermeister in the other, and a t-shirt with the Summers Eve logo.

I'm a douche.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Christ on a bike, I don't think this crud is going to take me. I've used an entire roll of john wayne today because my sinuses are kicking out quarts. My teeth feel like they're going to pop. I'm constantly in that "just about to sneeze, but doesn't quite yet" state. My eyes are on fire, and the glands in my neck feel like they're about to be outside my neck.

The good news is I'm not experiencing any body aches, chills/sweats, or shivers. Flu doesn't seem like a good candidate. I suspect my germ discipline fell short at the United baggage services counter in Ohare.

I'm trying like all hell to save the Afrin for just at night and sleeping. The stuff works wonders, but good lord, talk about dependency.

I think I'm taking tomorrow off too.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I guess this guy is guilty of breaking the law, but it's still kind of funny.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/anchora ... per-spray/
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop