Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Vonz90

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Vonz90 »

So I have been trying to get to the range for about the last 3 weeks and something (mostly weather, but also life) keeps popping up to prevent it.

Planned for Saturday - going to make this happen :!:
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Found my #$*^&#$*& old respirator tonight. Spent 45 minutes looking for a tool that I KNOW I have seen multiple times since moving, before improvising another way. I know right where the stupid thing would have been in the old shop; I'm sure it will show up some time when I don't need it.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote:Found my #$*^&#$*& old respirator tonight. Spent 45 minutes looking for a tool that I KNOW I have seen multiple times since moving, before improvising another way. I know right where the stupid thing would have been in the old shop; I'm sure it will show up some time when I don't need it.
Gee. almost like somebody called that :)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

randy wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:Found my #$*^&#$*& old respirator tonight. Spent 45 minutes looking for a tool that I KNOW I have seen multiple times since moving, before improvising another way. I know right where the stupid thing would have been in the old shop; I'm sure it will show up some time when I don't need it.
Gee. almost like somebody called that :)
Stevie Wonder could have seen that coming.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

So we acquired a cat today. We've wanted one for a while, and finally found a round tuit.

He's remarkable, and I say that on day 1. He's friendly, affectionate, asks nicely when he wants something, listens when you tell him not to do something... Cat people will understand, he is remarkably careful with his, I must say, fairly impressive claws. He's like a small, good tempered non yippy dog.

Shelter cat. All they knew about him is, he's a neutered male, they think about 2 years old, and very affectionate. For whatever reason, nobody knows, he was dropped off at the shelter in March. Someone adopted him in early April and returned him after a week, because their other cat could not abide him.

Name of Shadow. He might keep it, it seems to suit him. I'm very pleased, it's been almost 30 years since I've had a cat. He's napping next to me as I type this.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Sounds like a cat who adopted me some years back. If you talked to him he'd meow back,.loved everyone. A little dopey sometimes but tons of fun to have around.

My experience is that male cats are friendlier than female but generally not as bright. For instance I had a female who figured out that the red dot came from the thing in my hand and jumped up on me to get it from there.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

As both a cat and dog person, I kind of miss having a cat as we have had dogs for the last ten years or so.

I do not miss having their fur all over the place.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Who the f^%$ is Trans States Airlines???

I get sent to Champaign for a training class. The best itinerary I can get without having to drive to Seattle is 3 flights. Spokane to Minneapolis to Chicago to Champaign. It sucked, but i didn't have to drive over any passes and cut about 1.5 hours off my drive time each way.

We got out of class unusually early on Friday. My flight was for 5:15. What else is there to do? I go check in at 10:00. I tried for the earlier flight, but they said it was full (I doubt this). TSA and U of I police run me out of the terminal around noon because it closes when there are no boarding or unboarding ops happening.

They roll my plane up to the gate and its the scketchiest, most ghetto looking RJ you've ever seen. I'm immediately questioning the maintenance history of this plane and wondering who is Trans States Airlines?

We board and take off and its clear nearly immediately that something is wrong. Lots of shuddering and unusual noises. Note to self: Never fly on Friday 13 again. Capt. comes on and says the nose gear won't retract. We do a low pass by the tower so they can verify the wheel is down. Fire trucks are scrambling to the runway. We land in one piece and they let us off the plane. The maintenance guy has already left for the day so they call him back. Long portion of the story short, some A&Ps from Chicago have to get parts down to Champaign in a van and they're expecting it to be fixed in 5 hours. United FINALLY cancels the flight and gets us a cab to Chicago. I go to get my checked bag and find out a new employee put it on the 10:30 flight. My bag will get to Spokane long before I do. We take a 3 hour cab ride during which the cabbie tells me United is having constant problems like this and has an agreement with him to shuttle people to Ohare just for stuff like this. Ok. Lesson learned.

We get to Chicago around 11:30pm. No one is at the customer service desk, so we gang up on the baggage service folks (who were really nice and helpful). No one from Champaign called Chicago to tell them we were on the way. They don't know anything about us, but do know our flight was cancelled for maintenance problems. They get us set up with new flights in the morning. I had upgraded to First for my Chicago to Spokane leg and ended up with First from Chicago to Denver to Spokane. I suspect my upgrade caused me to have to go to Denver, but no biggie. They put us up at The Renaissance Ohare (Very nice!) and I get about a hot shower, 3.5 hours of sleep and am back at it at 0400. All other flights (United 737s) are smooth. I get to Spokane and drive the 3 hours home. All told, about 32 hours to get home.

I'm amending my travel profile with SATO on Monday.
1. No more window or middle seats.
2. No more crop duster, never heard of them before, "airlines".
3. "If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going".
4. If it has "Express" in the name, I ain't going.
5. 737-800 or better. Otherwise, I ain't going.
6. If these conditions can't be met, then I ain't going.

ETA- And I got the crud too. Dammit.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Steamforger wrote: I'm amending my travel profile with SATO on Monday.
1. No more window or middle seats.
2. No more crop duster, never heard of them before, "airlines".
3. "If it ain't Boeing, I ain't going".
4. If it has "Express" in the name, I ain't going.
5. 737-800 or better. Otherwise, I ain't going.
6. If these conditions can't be met, then I ain't going.
I approve of this message.