Re: Does not follow...

Post by Vonz90 »

He has risen!
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Vonz90 wrote:He has risen!
He is risen indeed, Alleluia :D
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Cops treating arrestees as if the cops were airline attendants:
https://www.waynedupree.com/cop-treats- ... hilarious/
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I've got a Porter Cable 334 random orbital sander that I bought over 20 years ago, long before they got bought out and their name put on crap tools... It mostly sits in a tool cabinet for years at a time; every once in a while I get it out to use, then put it away for a few more years. Until fairly recently I still had some of the original discs I bought for it when it was new. The 5 hole stick on discs aren't terribly common any more and I have to order them, but they are still a lot cheaper than the hook and loop discs everybody is using these days. I bought it to build boats, and when I am using it for that purpose I go through a lot of discs, so that matters.

Finally building a boat again, so I stocked up on more discs, and spent some money getting a real dust collection hose to connect to my dust collector. What an amazing difference between that and the mini shop vac I used to hook it to. Very little dust gets into the air.

Anyway, was tooling along with the sander tonight, thinking how glad I was I bought so many more discs for it due to the rate I am going through them as I switched it off to change discs. Went to turn it back on, and nothing happened... Tried a different outlet, took the extension cord out of the equation, and still nothing. Shit. Not only was it getting too late to go buy another sander, anything I could find wouldn't work with the many boxes of discs I have. Shot some contact cleaner into it in the general vicinity of the switch, and lo and behold it works again. Hopefully that's all it needs.

Imagine my surprise when I got on the computer and learned the switch, belt, and some other parts for my long out of production sander are still available from Porter Cable. :D
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I'm thinking they were expecting something different when they let this guy speak. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkj7kO6kOS0

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Netpackrat wrote:
randy wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:..., but gonna wait until I can get a new one although I was otherwise ready to proceed. :roll:
At which point your old one will magically appear in a place you've looked multiple times.
It's okay, it was getting pretty old. I ended up buying the same thing I use at work... Once a year they do a fit check with it on me.... I might ask if they will do my personal one I just bought at the same time since I think it's about that time again.
This ended up being a really good idea. Turns out I had the straps a little too loose on the new mask, and there was some leakage. I wasn't able to detect any fumes as I have been working with epoxy in the garage, but the fit test machine told the truth. All is well now.

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Been thinking about building a "cheep" 1k light gun

$1100 for a stiller action.
$400 for a bix'n andy trigger
$575 for a shehane tracker stock
$400+ for a broughton barrel
$170 for a set of farrell rings
$430 for a 150moa cold shot adjustable base..
$1400 for a nightforce scope..

Thats closing in on five grand, just in parts, and that doesnt take into account all the miscellaneous billshit that needs to be bought, like action screws, finish for the stock, making an aluminum butt plate, buying a chamber reamer, etc.

Ive got to find a cheaper hobby. :(
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

HTRN, it’s a lifestyle. Look at it this way, a gun will keep on giving year after year. There are socialites who will spend more than that on one outfit that will only be worn once. You will be doing the environment a favor by using it often.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Frankingun wrote:Look at it this way, a gun will keep on giving year after year.
The barrel will last mebbe 1200 rounds.
Frankingun wrote: There are socialites who will spend more than that on one outfit that will only be worn once.
The socialites make/have a lot more money than i do.

After playing with an online ballistics calculator, i dont think i need the adjustable base - a 230 grn Berger only drops something like 25 MOA at a 1000 yards, so a 20 moa base should be more than adequate.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt