Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg »

Enza is here, the bitch. She caught a flight in around Thursday or so.

I was just dismissing it as a bad cold until the fever shot way up last night.

Swab test today confirmed influenza B. I'm covered in misery (if anyone recognizes the song). I'll be fine in a few days, but today.... I took a nap on the exam table while they were testing the swab.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
g-man

Post by g-man »

Hit up a big open-air flea market and auction sale place in Sacramento today. Scored a Delta 11-990 12” drill press for $35. It runs fine, but needs a chuck. However, even after snagging an upgraded chuck and a new power switch, I’ve still got over $100 less invested than the used ones I’ve seen. Should really have taken a ‘before’ shot to document exactly how much grime I had to clean off the deck, but am still just stoked that I’ve finally got a decent drill press.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:I was just dismissing it as a bad cold until the fever shot way up last night.
Be very careful, the strain this year is killing alot of seemingly healthy people, sometimes in hours, , due to secondary effects like cytokine storms. The minute you feel worse than the typical flu symptoms, get yourself to a hospital.
g-man wrote:Hit up a big open-air flea market and auction sale place in Sacramento today. Scored a Delta 11-990 12” drill press for $35. It runs fine, but needs a chuck.
Man, if only i could find a Wilton/Arboga for that kind of money- everytime i see the, they want 1500 and up... :(
Last edited by HTRN on Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

I was just thinking.....

I just finished my first week at a new job. Looking at the timing, I may have picked up the flu my first day in the office.

Lovely onboarding gift. :shock:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Rich

Post by Rich »

Anytime I start feeling the symptoms, I remove myself from the general population. Since I'm no longer in the rat race, I don't have an obligation to mingle with and infect co-workers.

I stay home, drink plenty of juice (and perhaps a little wine), eat sparingly, and get plenty of sleep.

Usually takes about a week. But, it works for me.

If I feel bad enough to go to the hospital, I usually feel bad enough to welcome death. :roll:
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

It's been a couple of months, at least, since I even looked for 22LR. I haven't seen any in Walmart in a couple of years, other than a recent "windfall" of some CCI subsonic. I did see a little on the shelves in the local Dick's, and some was behind the counter at Bass Pro. So yesterday, I stopped at Bass Pro for some other stuff, and saw a bunch of LR on the shelf, just out in the open, no limit posted. They had some CCI standard velocity, but none of the Mini-Mags I really wanted. So I bought my other stuff and left, slightly disappointed. Lo and behold, I walked in Walmart today, and they not only had several different types of LR, they had the elusive Mini-Mags. They only had 10 boxes, but no posted limit. I bought three, didn't want to blow the whole week's allowance. :lol: I guess all the friends of employees must finally be stocked up. It's the first evidence I've seen that the shortage may finally be easing. I hope it doesn't get scarce again before I can scrape up some more cash.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Went to the Tucson Gem & Mineral show yesterday with my girlfriend. She has a business license, so we got in as buyers.

Scored a ring with 3, very deep purple, amethysts ( no occlusions at all). Got it for just over $200, regularly $1,100.00.

Had a chance to hold and look at a tray of diamonds. Probably just over 5 mill worth. Saw a pair of emeralds that I really wanted. They were one stone cut in two (bad crack). They were 3 carat each, perfectly clear, for only $500 a carat. Dang, they were nice.

Anybody ever wants some stones or jewels, let me know. Can get them pretty cheap during the gem show. It is the world's largest.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Odahi wrote:It's been a couple of months, at least, since I even looked for 22LR.
The local Walmart has had it for the last year or so but its in crook county so $0.01 tax per round. I choose not to pay the criminals running the county. Walmarts in the neighboring counties have been pretty bare. But Saturday I found 3 boxes of the Federal 36gr 550 rounds... in the clearance display for $17.99. Not too shabby, wish they had had more.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I am annoyed by consumer electronics that are still usable except for one minor part. Case in point: my emergency radio. It's a Grundig FR-200. I can't find a replacement for the emergency light. Sure, I have tons of other emergency lights and lanterns around the house for tornado season, but that's not the point. My extra extra extra extra wee little light doesn't work. It's an LED. It should be fine. The radio still works, thank goodness.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds