Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
randy

Re: Does not follow...

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote:..., but gonna wait until I can get a new one although I was otherwise ready to proceed. :roll:
At which point your old one will magically appear in a place you've looked multiple times.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

randy wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:..., but gonna wait until I can get a new one although I was otherwise ready to proceed. :roll:
At which point your old one will magically appear in a place you've looked multiple times.
It's okay, it was getting pretty old. I ended up buying the same thing I use at work... Once a year they do a fit check with it on me.... I might ask if they will do my personal one I just bought at the same time since I think it's about that time again.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:
HTRN wrote:Hunh. That is surprising. I only asked about Washington square, as its become ground zero for weirdness in Manhattan.
Become? It was a freak show 30 years ago.
Every surreal experience I've had in Manhattan has been within 8 blocks of the square.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:
Greg wrote:
HTRN wrote:Hunh. That is surprising. I only asked about Washington square, as its become ground zero for weirdness in Manhattan.
Every surreal experience I've had in Manhattan has been within 8 blocks of the square.
No doubt. And it was a freak show 30 years ago when I was in high school, and I had one particular friend who'd always want to go down there to try to have surreal experiences. Oh and be offered drugs.

Of course he was the same guy who we.... well we learned our lesson and only let him DM a D&D campaign *once*. He had this weird hard on for TAXATION. Enough that we came close to using the cluebat to explain what entertainment means.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

HTRN wrote:
Greg wrote:
Have you ever had a surreal experience in Manhattan, Kansas, though?
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Greg

Post by Greg »

Langenator wrote:
HTRN wrote:
Greg wrote: Become? It was a freak show 30 years ago.
Have you ever had a surreal experience in Manhattan, Kansas, though?
Never had a Kansas experience at all, though I'm willing to try. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Son just had his 6th birthday. I gave him a Barnett Bandit crossbow that shoots suction cup darts; his uncle gave him a little snow shovel, which I think was more of a hit, although he was disappointed he didn't get any more toy Alaska Airlines jets to expand and modernize his fleet with. He shot the crossbow once, hit the target, and went back to playing with his airplanes. His 3 year old sister, on the other hand, was all about the crossbow. I think I've got a shooter girl. 8-)
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote:Never had a Kansas experience at all, though I'm willing to try. :lol:
Overland Park, KS always makes me happy. It's a suburb of KC. It's just a neat little place.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

It's a bad time when you need vise grips to change a headlight. Very rusty screw wouldn't respond to anything else. I couldn't get hold of it from the front, so I got them on the back of the screw. Fortunately, the grips didn't bugger the threads. The ATF I'd put on to try to fake a penetrating oil made it come out quite easily once the grips got it moving, though.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Working through a contact at a supplier for a new part and the guy keeps calling me with questions. I do not mind making adjustments, but WTF. Keep telling him to mark up the drawing with what they want and I will change it, he keeps wanting to call me about every one individually. How does someone work like that, he must have nothing but time.