Wildcat and AR-15

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Termite

Re: Wildcat and AR-15

Post by Termite »

randy wrote:I'll just leave this here:

The Phoenix Weaponry 1873 45-70 AR
So now we have the best modern rifle/cartridge combination for ........grizzly. :mrgreen:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

randy wrote:I'll just leave this here:

The Phoenix Weaponry 1873 45-70 AR
Did you read the article all the way to the end? This part really caught my eye:

"The base price of the rifle is $4,800, and evidently there are a wide array of custom options available to enhance your enjoyment of the new weapon platform."
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
randy

Post by randy »

Well, Precision did not list price point as one of his criteria ;)
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Precision

Post by Precision »

randy wrote:Well, Precision did not list price point as one of his criteria ;)
For the record.
Unless I win lotto or win the heart of a very loaded women, price will be a criteria.

Seeing as I forgot to buy tickets for the big powerball, I guess it is back to manwhoring. lol
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Precision

Post by Precision »

upon further research, it looks like I will have to limit the projectiles to the 123-129 weight range and perhaps exclude some of the VLD's due to COAL issues.

I have two people with machining ability to help with the project. If it entertains them enough, we may build one or both of them and see what happens. Not sure I want to put a grand or two into the process, but it might be fun. Doubt it would be a commercially viable idea, but having a +2800 fps 129 gr 6.5 in an AR-15 would be awesome fun.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/