Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
First Shirt

Re: Does not follow...

Post by First Shirt »

Rich wrote:Clinton at his worst was worth at least ten of AlGore.
Wow! Talk about damning with faint praise!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
g-man

Post by g-man »

For a number of (previous) administrations now, it has appeared that vice presidential running mate choices have been made in a self-preservatory manner. One look at the prospect of the Vice Pres being in charge likely stymied many a would be assassin. Or at least it's appeared that way to me.

ETA: addition in parens
Last edited by g-man on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

g-man wrote:For a number of administrations now, it has appeared that vice presidential running mate choices have been made in a self-preservatory manner. One look at the prospect of the Vice Pres being in charge likely stymied many a would be assassin. Or at least it's appeared that way to me.
What about this one? :mrgreen:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

On the list of things that work the way they're supposed to: The bread machine I bought from DAK Industries, back in 1993. I'm using it today to make dinner rolls for Thanksgiving. To date, I've needed ONE replacement part (the rubber seal at the bottom of the mixing bowl) that cost me a whole two dollars, delivered.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
g-man

Post by g-man »

Weetabix wrote:
g-man wrote:For a number of administrations now, it has appeared that vice presidential running mate choices have been made in a self-preservatory manner. One look at the prospect of the Vice Pres being in charge likely stymied many a would be assassin. Or at least it's appeared that way to me.
What about this one? :mrgreen:
I won't comment on the current administration, just like I tried to not comment on the previous administration when it was the current administration. Officers being politically agnostic and all that malarkey.

On that note, I saw some retarded meme the other day lamenting that saying that you don't want to talk about politics is just 'exerting cis-white-male privilege' or some other trivial crap. My posts to Twitter consist entirely of my astrophotos, because there are actually rules about getting into politics given my position. So it's actually a lack of that privilege on my part. As far as 'non-partisan' political issues on places like facebook? I've just stopped posting or commenting on posts about it because I'm tired of arguing with people over stuff we mutually can't change each other's opinions on.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Ah. Forgot about that. Not trying to troll you or anything.

During the election, I kind of liked Pence more than I liked Trump. I kept wondering if Trump was trolling the nation, intending to resign once he'd been in for just a bit. :geek:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
g-man

Post by g-man »

No worries.

In the spirit of this thread, now for something completely different...

I talked to a local gun shop counter guy on my lunch break one day last week. I can either put a retarded 'paddle grip' instead of the pistol grip on an AR, along with some other nonsense, and make a 'featureless' AR which is CA legal.

Or,

I could buy an M1A with a muzzle-break instead of a flash hider, and only keep 10rd mags, and have a fully functional battle rifle.

Or,

A CMP Garand, delivered to a CA FFL of course, with as many en-bloc clips of .30-06 as I can keep on hand.

Both of which, in the hands of a trained individual, should scare anybody with any sense about guns at least as much, if not moreso than a neutered poodle-shooter.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I've just gone to Kydex slipon "featureless" fin grips. Then pulled the bullet-buttons and pinned on a "featureless" muzzlebreak that I'd rather have than a standard flashhider anyway. Actually better off than before -- until they realize what foolishness they've wraught and pass some more GFW legislation.

Buying a rental property just across the line in Yuma is looking better and better as a spot to set up a secure storage location for no-CA compliant stuff -- like all my freeman standard cap mags. Maybe Tucson since just connected with some family there.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Greg

Post by Greg »

Does anyone happen to know anything about some contrail oddness going on today?

First we noticed one set of high altitude contrails that appeared to be made be planes flying essentially in line abreast. That was odd enough.

Then a little while later we noticed a set of *4* parallel contrails, being left by 4 separate aircraft flying over in line abreast. Yes, we watched them flying over just a few minutes ago.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
randy

Post by randy »

Could have been a tanker with a group of fighters en-route overseas, or practicing for such an event.

When heading over seas fighters will sometimes fly in formation with a tanker to refuel periodically and to let the tanker do the navigation.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".