Ilse's first squirrel hunt

The place for beginners, or anyone else, to talk about gun, gear, and shooting topics with a minimum of jargon and/or geekery. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask that blows up in your face later.
Windy Wilson

Re: Ilse's first squirel hunt

Post by Windy Wilson »

rightisright wrote:
First Shirt wrote:One of the more "memorable" discussions I had with my grandpa about hunting regulations came about when he caught me shooting doves off of a power line with a single-shot .22.

Hey, I went six-for-six before he caught me!
Hey Ho! The same thing happened to me. But it was a .177 cal bb gun. Those doves can take a LOT of bbs before falling. And the neighbor called my dad. He was NOT happy.
Interesting. Our neighbor 50 years ago was doing that with an air gun, shooting the doves off the power lines in the alley. The woman across the alley wasn't happy about that at all. I think that's why the city forbids discharge of an air rifle within city limits now.
We all had 50 by 150 lots, so it wasn't a rural setting.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
blackeagle603

Re: Ilse's first squirrel hunt

Post by blackeagle603 »

BZ!
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story