Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
HTRN

Re: Does not follow...

Post by HTRN »

Netpackrat wrote:Amazon's free shipping is increasingly worth less than you pay for it... Latest batch of stuff that has yet to ship, was ordered on the 17th. Good thing I don't need any of it soon.
Ahem. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

You know you're married to a shipwright's daughter, when your friend is showing off pictures of the boat he's restoring, and the first question out of her mouth, is whether it is wood or steel?
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

You know I finally saw 'John Wick' yesterday.

Most fun I've had in a long time.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I'm expecting I won't see a pic of a first responder taking a knee in protest....
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

They're doing a location shoot for Elementary next week at my employers - dont know which part of the building they're gonna use, or if any of the employees will be used as extras, but still, pretty cool.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Fuck me.

Rant begins.

I worked on a project a year ago, got back burnered because reasons. Got restarted at the beginning of the summer. Basically two things going on, the current data (basically everything we captured since last October) and the backlog (everything that happened before we started capturing the current data). My manager has been working since August to figure out how to handle the backlog. It all, current and backlog, needs to be done by Friday.

She calls me today at 4:00 to tell me she can't figure it out, so she needs me to own it. Three fucking days before implementation. But she knows I can do it.

She just knows I can do in three days what she couldn't in six weeks.

Again, fuck me.

But she didn't bring me in a month ago because reasons.

I'm seriously considering throwing this one and let them threaten to fire me.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metr ... 40a2b.html

WTF - tell them to pet the cute elk and bison. Anyone stupid enough to try deserves whatever they get.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

If you're looking for a Swiss Luger, AIM has 5.

They're not cheap, but they've gottem.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

https://gigapixel.panoramas.com/navy/football/20171007/

Picture of my son at the Navy-Air Farce game. He is in more or less in the middle.