Utah Nurse Arrested for Refusing to Perform Blood Draw

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

Re: Utah Nurse Arrested for Refusing to Perform Blood Draw

Post by Jered »

Looks like the fibbies are getting involved.
(Reuters) - The FBI said on Friday it is examining whether federal laws were violated by a Utah police detective who is shown on video assaulting and arresting a nurse after she refused to allow taking a blood sample from an unconscious patient.
He could very well get federal PMITA prison.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Jered wrote:Looks like the fibbies are getting involved.
(Reuters) - The FBI said on Friday it is examining whether federal laws were violated by a Utah police detective who is shown on video assaulting and arresting a nurse after she refused to allow taking a blood sample from an unconscious patient.
He could very well get federal PMITA prison.
As sure a sign of the apocalypse as cats and dogs living together... But good. Examples need to be made for this kind of shit.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

Netpackrat wrote: As sure a sign of the apocalypse as cats and dogs living together... But good. Examples need to be made for this kind of shit.
I'm pissed about this because my sister is a nurse.

This cop also probably fucked every other cop that has to take a suspect or a subject that they have detained to the hospital.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

When I'm elected Benign Dictator of the World my first act will be to make violation of civil rights under color of law a capital offense.
Jered

Post by Jered »

MarkD wrote:When I'm elected Benign Dictator of the World my first act will be to make violation of civil rights under color of law a capital offense.
They suffer longer if you put them in prison, but, hey, pour encourager les autres.

Oh, and just to show how fucking retarded this cop is Utah has a system where the cop can complete a warrant online and then get an email approval from a judge.

Here are some training materials that mention e-warrants, too.

Here are the Utah rules of criminal procedure that allow electronic warrants.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Jered wrote:
MarkD wrote:When I'm elected Benign Dictator of the World my first act will be to make violation of civil rights under color of law a capital offense.
They suffer longer if you put them in prison, but, hey, pour encourager les autres.

Oh, and just to show how fucking retarded this cop is Utah has a system where the cop can complete a warrant online and then get an email approval from a judge.

Add "if you are a public servant that commits a crime violating the public trust and/or oath(s), double the mandatory sentencing, and denial of all government pensions" when you are Dictator.

Remember, we are all working to support Lois Lerner in her retirement.
Last edited by scipioafricanus on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Jered

Post by Jered »

scipioafricanus wrote: Add "if you are a public servant that commits a crime violating the public trust and/or oath(s), double the mandatory sentencing, and denial of all government pensions" when you are Dictator.

Remember, we are all working to support Lois Lenner in her retirement.
That would be awesome if you added it to the various civil rights statutes.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Given the distances involved in a sparsely populated state I can see some sense the email warrant business. The devil's in the details of course...

Old buddy of mine recently left private practice for the bench in WA state. Even in a relatively more populous state than UT he's basically a circuit rider driving crazy distances to hold court 5 hour+ drives away in Eastern WA.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

scipioafricanus wrote:
Jered wrote:

Add "if you are a public servant that commits a crime violating the public trust and/or oath(s), double the mandatory sentencing, and denial of all government pensions" when you are Dictator.

Remember, we are all working to support Lois Lerner in her retirement.
No, those would also be capital crimes. Any crime by an elected, appointed, or hired government functionary in which he or she violates the public trust or deprives a member of the public of their rights by misusing their authority shall be a capital crime.

And if a law is determined to be unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, any elected official who voted in favor of it, executive who signed it into law, or lower court judge who upheld it shall be immediately removed from office (even if it's a.different office than that which they held at the time), stripped on pension, banned for life from public office or service, and shall repay all salary and benefits received from public monies since the date of the voting, signing or upholding.

As long as we're dreaming, I want the local convenience store to sell machine guns.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Also he said on the video he couldn't GET a warrant because he didn't have Probable Cause, so an email warrant wouldn't have worked either.