California Goes More Moonbat

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Rich Jordan

Re: California Goes More Moonbat

Post by Rich Jordan »

Langenator wrote:I foresee CA state cops hanging out the parking lots of big guns stores in NV and AZ, taking down LP numbers, and calling them in for stops on the CA side of the line. Much like MA cops used to do outside NH liquor stores.
Ill-Annoy cops do that at the nearer Indiana fireworks stores since you can't buy much of anything (even sparklers are banned) in ill. I've read about handoffs at convenient large parking lots in between as a workaround.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Rich Jordan wrote:
Langenator wrote:I foresee CA state cops hanging out the parking lots of big guns stores in NV and AZ, taking down LP numbers, and calling them in for stops on the CA side of the line. Much like MA cops used to do outside NH liquor stores.
Ill-Annoy cops do that at the nearer Indiana fireworks stores since you can't buy much of anything (even sparklers are banned) in ill. I've read about handoffs at convenient large parking lots in between as a workaround.
And how many people are going to be shot this weekend in Chicago?

Ah priorities.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I'm not sure how well this would work. The major polariton centres of CA and AZ have miles of desert between them and trips are usually multi day affairs. Said plates may take some time to actually cross over the state line, unlike the NH/MA situation which I assume was just a matter of hours.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Kommander wrote:
I'm not sure how well this would work. The major polariton centres of CA and AZ have miles of desert between them and trips are usually multi day affairs. Said plates may take some time to actually cross over the state line, unlike the NH/MA situation which I assume was just a matter of hours.
Minutes. NH likes to put the big state-run liqueur stores conveniently close to the state line. And the part of NH that's closest to MA, it's very narrow to begin with and you could drive across it in, again, minutes, if there weren't constant toll plaza-induced traffic jams.

Seriously, I95 passes through NH but only for like 3 miles. All of which is one giant backup from the toll plaza.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:Just saw this article at TFB. It's basically a summary of all the new ammo laws, but the one that interested me was a background check to purchase ammunition. Does that mean a NICS check?

I wonder if that will be used to inflate gun sales claims. A lot more ammo purchases are made than gun purchases.
Lots of desirable follow on effects. I'm sure they'd prefer it to be NICS.

Imaging paying the NICS fee for every ammo purchase. Plus the wait. And contributing to overloading the entire NICS system, so nobody anywhere gets approvals, well that would just he gravy.

Malicious assholes.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Kommander wrote:
Yuma.

Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote:Imaging paying the NICS fee for every ammo purchase.
There's a NICS fee? I don't remember ever paying that.

I ordered a rifle to a local shop. The website told me how much I had to put down and how much at the shop. Shop didn't charge me extra. Did they charge you for that in NJ?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:

I ordered a rifle to a local shop. The website told me how much I had to put down and how much at the shop. Shop didn't charge me extra. Did they charge you for that in NJ?
Very much so. If memory serves, it was something like 16 or 17 bucks.

First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Now, I've bought guns through Gunbroker, and had them delivered to my local FFL, and they charge $25 per transaction (up to three items on one 4473, is one transaction), but that's just to cover their bookkeeping and paperwork. When I've bought stuff from them, they don't charge anything extra. (Of course, the owner of the shop is my cousin, and she likes me, so she might be cutting me a little break.)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Greg wrote:
Weetabix wrote:

Very much so. If memory serves, it was something like 16 or 17 bucks.
NICS is $16.05 in NJ. It is charged for long guns or handguns purchased from a dealer on a 4473. There is no state law that asks for a NICS check on handgun or rifle ammo purchases from a dealer. You do need a Firearms ID card to purchase handgun ammo from a dealer.

Did I mention I can't wait to escape this regulatory hellhole?