My daughter got married on Saturday

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Weetabix

Re: My daughter got married on Saturday

Post by Weetabix »

Thanks guys. She's wanted kids since she was about 8, so I'm betting I'm a grandpa within a year.

She once said, "Are you going to do the same stuff with your grand kids that you did with us?"

Me: "Yep!"

Her: "Uh oh..."

I was an unconventional influence. Not bad, per se. But unconventional.

8-)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Make that new son-in-law a shooting buddy. If he ever starts to act up, have him hold up your targets down range while you shoot. :lol:
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Weetabix wrote:Thanks guys. She's wanted kids since she was about 8, so I'm betting I'm a grandpa within a year.
Necro!

She's in labor right now. 1 year and 9 months or so, so my initial guess was off. They found out the sex early - a boy.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Weetabix wrote:I was an unconventional influence. Not bad, per se. But unconventional.

8-)
One of my great joys, is occasionally getting to play the "fun" uncle. :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
randy

Post by randy »

HTRN wrote:
Weetabix wrote:I was an unconventional influence. Not bad, per se. But unconventional.

8-)
One of my great joys, is occasionally getting to play the "fun" uncle. :mrgreen:
Why do I have the feeling that the "occasionally" part has more to do with the parents than the kids? :mrgreen:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:
Weetabix wrote:Thanks guys. She's wanted kids since she was about 8, so I'm betting I'm a grandpa within a year.
Necro!

She's in labor right now. 1 year and 9 months or so, so my initial guess was off. They found out the sex early - a boy.
Best wishes. Labor is a time where your fingernails get mysteriously shorter.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

randy wrote:
HTRN wrote:

8-)
Why do I have the feeling that the "occasionally" part has more to do with the parents than the kids? :mrgreen:
I once threatened to get one of my nephews a drum set for Christmas. :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I once bought my 15 yr old hellion brother in law a BB pistol that shot metal darts. Wife wouldn't let me give it to him out of sympathy for her parents. I had lots of fun with it.

Baby boy, [name not chosen], was born at 5:26 pm. 8 lbs 3 oz. Mother and baby doing great. Drinks are on me.
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Congratulations
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Congratulatios! Minions are a constant source of joy and wonder, and a not inconsiderable amount of aggravation, but they are totally worth it.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom