Re: DC Circuit Court comes through

Post by Weetabix »

Kind of amazing.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Is this kinda like "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while?"
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Given the widening split between the circuits (Peruta, 9th etc), it seems like the Supremes will almost have to take another 2nd Amendment case. It would sure be nice if RBG keels over before that happens.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Further proof that Heller was not the end.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

skb12172 wrote:Further proof that Heller was not the end.
It was a beginning. That decision is what allowed all of this. Otherwise the states ability to regulate arms would be thought of as absolute and we would be fighting uphill. Also remember that this is not going to be like the gay marriage decision where we get one victory and that's all we need. There are so many facets to this, (magazine capacity, concealed carry, "assault weapons") each requiring its own set of laws and court fights to examine.
randy

Post by randy »

IOW, Heller was somewhat like Midway. We still have our fights ahead, maybe our Iron Bottom Bays and kamikaze attacks to get through, but the opposition is now on the defensive.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Precision

Post by Precision »

randy wrote:IOW, Heller was somewhat like Midway. We still have our fights ahead, maybe our Iron Bottom Bays and kamikaze attacks to get through, but the opposition is now on the defensive.
What he said, assuming we keep up the pressure and don't become limousine conservatives and Fudd RKBA people.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

You guys are more optimistic than I can allow myself to be on this. The supremes have been dodging this issue so steadfastly it's hard to see them doing anything of consequence.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

They're dodging because nobody knows which way Kennedy would jump. Once he retires and is replaced, I think things will develop quickly.