Weetabix

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Weetabix »

Nice!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

OK, I have more time now. I really like the Crossbreed holsters for IWB. I've heard good things about Alien Gear, too, but I haven't tried them yet.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Gin does not freeze in a chest freezer, vermouth however... :|
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

I've been strongly tempted by the Crossbreed hybrid, what do they call it the supertuck?

They're also in our great state, which is a bonus.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote:Finally stopped procrastinating and took my MO CCW training class. It's a state requirement. Involves classroom training on related law, familiarization with firearms, and a range portion where you have to show basic safety and competence.

Small class, only 3 of us. All of us were already familiar with guns, just finally getting our CCWs. Let me tell you how much I enjoyed spending a day in a room with gun people.

And the instructor was cool, he skipped over some stuff that was really too basic for us and spent extra time on some really interesting 'more advanced' stuff - mainly extra shoot/don't shoot scenarios we talked out, including a few he had devised to be deliberately challenging.

The range portion was interesting. The requirement is, take 20 shots at a human silhouette target at 7 yards, and get at least 15 hits in the black. We each took 20 practice shots, with the instructor giving us pointers as appropriate, then took our 20 official test shots.

Long story short - that's an easy requirement, of the 60 shots we collectively took only 1 landed outside the 10 ring, and that just barely. Wasn't me, somehow I slightly out shot them (tighter group) and they were teasing me about it.

Anyway, now I need to give the St Charles County Police some money, and start wasting money on holsters that turn out to be unsuitable. (I don't even *own* a holster, unless my Safepacker counts.)
Holster wise, I mostly use an ugly small pack thing that goes on my belt and also holds my cell phone. Hiding in plane sight so to speak.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Oh, I also tried the Kirkland branded gin.

IIRC it was $18 for 1.75 liters, even with crazy liqueur taxes.

It's not gentle or subtle - neat it was fairly brutal. Mixes well though, and I am very partial to gin and tonics.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote:
Holster wise, I mostly use an ugly small pack thing that goes on my belt and also holds my cell phone. Hiding in plane sight so to speak.
Uh oh breaking a rule. :)

Thanks, that concept sounds appealing. But how large a non-phone can you conceal in something like that? Unless you have a stupendously large phone to explain a big case.....

Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Greg wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:
Uh oh breaking a rule. :)

Thanks, that concept sounds appealing. But how large a non-phone can you conceal in something like that? Unless you have a stupendously large phone to explain a big case.....
I have a Samsung Note phone which is just about the same footprint as an LC9 by odd coincidence.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote:I've been strongly tempted by the Crossbreed hybrid, what do they call it the supertuck?

They're also in our great state, which is a bonus.
That's what I have. I do enjoy that it's made here.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Apparently having a criminal history and a large face tattoo makes it hard to find a job. Go figure.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/13/wo ... -work.html