Does the revolution begin in Oregon?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV

Does the revolution begin in Oregon?

Post by D5CAV »

Oregon effectively repealed the 2nd Amendment.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/07 ... an-helped/

If anyone, distant relative, police officer, etc. can deprive you of your rights, what right do you have?

I'm pretty sure my ex-wife would have pulled this on me during divorce if this law was in effect and I lived in Oregon.

Oregon is a blue state due to Portland, but most of Oregon is pretty red. Even those blue areas outside of Portland are mostly pot growers who elect democrats to legalize weed. These areas already have a healthy disregard to police intervention thanks to 50 years of drug prohibition.

These are the modern moonshiners. So they are going to stand by while po-po rolls up to confiscate their guns? Maybe the first few people "saved" by "Extreme Risk Protection Order" will stand by while po-po takes their guns and ammo. After that it will more dangerous.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Steamforger

Re: Does the revolution begin in Oregon?

Post by Steamforger »

The easiest, most obvious form of resistance would be to start calling in every politician, state official, protection details, political aides, and any police officers who actually enforce this mess as an "extreme risk."

Force the system to eat itself.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Steamforger wrote:The easiest, most obvious form of resistance would be to start calling in every politician, state official, protection details, political aides, and any police officers who actually enforce this mess as an "extreme risk."

Exactly! If everyone is a criminal, who's going to enforce the laws?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Steamforger wrote:The easiest, most obvious form of resistance would be to start calling in every politician, state official, protection details, political aides, and any police officers who actually enforce this mess as an "extreme risk."

That would finally get SWATting criminalized...when employed against the nomenklatura and apparatchiks. The Miracle of Selective Enforcement would leave it in effect against us mere kulaks and zeks.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Jered

Post by Jered »

Gotta love how Dems use shady tricks to pass stuff so that you can, "find out what's in it."
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Silly gooses, the Only Ones will exempt themselves.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
evan price

Post by evan price »

Will the revolution begin here?
No. Still not enough infringement.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

evan price wrote:Will the revolution begin here?
No. Still not enough infringement.
I really don't see this surving a court challenge. That said there needs to be consequences for politicians who so blatantly disregard the Constitution. I would like to see a law created where if the court system decides a law is unconstitutional the legeslators who voted for it and the executive who signed it get removed and permanently bard from public office.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Kommander wrote: I really don't see this surving a court challenge. That said there needs to be consequences for politicians who so blatantly disregard the Constitution. I would like to see a law created where if the court system decides a law is unconstitutional the legeslators who voted for it and the executive who signed it get removed and permanently bard from public office.

I dunno. I'd want tar-and-feathers, or at least bastinado.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

First Shirt wrote:
Kommander wrote: I really don't see this surving a court challenge. That said there needs to be consequences for politicians who so blatantly disregard the Constitution. I would like to see a law created where if the court system decides a law is unconstitutional the legeslators who voted for it and the executive who signed it get removed and permanently bard from public office.

I dunno. I'd want tar-and-feathers, or at least bastinado.
Good thing we do not have a "like" button because I would have hit it hard enough to break the mouse.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop