Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Jered

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Jered »

For the first time in my life, my Congressional representative is a Republican.

As a bonus, he beats up reporters that deserve it. :lol:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

All modern vehicles are designed by engineers, not mechanics. Had an old-school engineer (he'd started out as a machinist, graduated to tool-and-die, then to engineering) tell me "Never trust an engineer who won't get his hands dirty. If he's not willing to get dirty, everything he knows, he learned from a book, not from real life."
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

As far as making vehicles hard to work on - 90%+ of the time they know that they are doing it; it isnt engineering it is economics. If it saves money up front - they do it. The extra maintenance cost isn't paid by the car maker (usually) and since most new car buyers don't work on their own cars it makes no difference to sales.
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:First they shift the hours i work, then then the days.. im starting to really get pissed off.
I thought you'd worked through all your juniority already.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

it isnt engineering it is economics.
^^this^^

13 years in the field as a mech or tech and I was as vociferious as anyone about college boy engineers. Then I went to work in a design/manufacturing business and got deep into the engineering meetings. Humbling it twas.

Now it's the Finance and Accounting folks that get most of my ire.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

A snippet from Larry's latest blog post:
I’ve got some Facebook friends where it is really laughable, like they’re living in this little crazy bubble where Trump is going to resign tomorrow and they’re going to impeach everybody because of their overwhelming evidence of something something mumble mumble. I’m actually cool with that but only if ideally you could find a way to impeach to about six levels down so we get President Mattis. That would be awesome, thanks.
The entire thing is pure gold:

http://monsterhunternation.com/2017/05/ ... t-roundup/
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Netpackrat wrote:A snippet from Larry's latest blog post:
I’ve got some Facebook friends where it is really laughable, like they’re living in this little crazy bubble where Trump is going to resign tomorrow and they’re going to impeach everybody because of their overwhelming evidence of something something mumble mumble. I’m actually cool with that but only if ideally you could find a way to impeach to about six levels down so we get President Mattis. That would be awesome, thanks.
The entire thing is pure gold:

http://monsterhunternation.com/2017/05/ ... t-roundup/
Excellent. 8-)
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Comey Firing – Nobody liked him. Get over it. The week before dickweed democrats were ranting about how he needed to go. So either he was a Hillary sabotaging Trump stooge, or he was a Hillary covering Hillary stooge, make up your friggin’ minds already.
Frankly, I don't blame people for waffling here, because this is still an outcome that has me scratching my head. And there don't seem to be a lot of options one way or the other without dipping one's toe into conspiracy theory.
ME: What? A guy running for congress body slammed a pushy reporter? That is unacceptable. No matter how annoying they are, it is never right to resort to violence over something so trivial.
ME TWO MINUTES LATER: Oh, it was a GUARDIAN reporter? Heh. Heh heh heh. Ha ha ha ha. HAA HAAA. BWWAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAA snort. (wipes eyes)
ME TEN MINUTES LATER: Still… Probably not cool.
:lol:
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:
HTRN wrote:First they shift the hours i work, then then the days.. im starting to really get pissed off.
I thought you'd worked through all your juniority already.
I thought so too, but apparently, im still subject to being jerked around. :roll:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

Am I a bad person for spending two hours in an Apple store reading gun-related and conservative web sites while waiting for them to replace my iPhone? :twisted:
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives