Does not follow...

If it doesnt fit anywhere else but you still want to share, this is the place
Greg

Re: Does not follow...

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:
Greg wrote:Need a torque wrench for the mower blade replacement.

A good one goes for $140!!!!!!!!!

So I bought the $20 Harbor Freight torque wrench of shame. We'll see how it goes.
Didn't I just write about my recent experience with a horror fright torque wrench?

Short answer: don't. :|

Go buy a good one on eBay used.
I'm already a little overdue for mowing. Just replaced the mower blade so I can mow this evening or tomorrow.

I can start looking on eBay for future reference.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Today's Java update screwed up our terminal software so we can't log in. The terminal software is one of the biggest kluges I've seen in over 30 years as a programmer (the OFFICIAL directions for signing in include clicking past an invalid security certificate).

Fun times.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

My 5 year old's new favorite video.... I think we both won the lottery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e12wm_mGqY
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

My sister's patient this morning saw the flag raised on Iwo.
Greg

Post by Greg »

An acquaintance of ours, who happened to be 7 months pregnant, suddenly died yesterday. The baby didn't make it.

That's about all we know at this point. Neither one of us is exactly happy at the news (yes, understatement) but it's hitting my wife a bit harder.

ETA: We're going to do what we can for the ones left behind, not sure yet what that's going to be. We weren't close, but still.
Last edited by Greg on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Thinking about buying another suburban, a 3/4 ton this time. Got a bead on a 2005 in "hot rod red" out in Pa, at something approaching a sane price for the money, with some minor issues, the most troubling being that a) it has quadrasteer and b) doesnt work.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:Thinking about buying another suburban, a 3/4 ton this time. Got a bead on a 2005 in "hot rod red" out in Pa, at something approaching a sane price for the money, with some minor issues, the most troubling being that a) it has quadrasteer and b) doesnt work.
I hope b) just means the quadrasteer is busted.

HTRN

Post by HTRN »

It could be a bad actuator or control module, or it could be bad wiring - the former is easily fixed, just apply money, the second can be a nightmare chasing electrical gremlins. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:It could be a bad actuator or control module, or it could be bad wiring - the former is easily fixed, just apply money, the second can be a nightmare chasing electrical gremlins. :ugeek:
I was wondering, were you saying the quadrasteer doesn't work, or the whole vehicle doesn't work. :)

Greg

Post by Greg »

A Home and Farm Supply store just opened in the next town over.

They had an entire fully stocked shelf of Minimags. Special packaging, it was 300 rds in a small cardboard box. Not the oblong 100 rd plastic boxes, but I have a few of those already.

The 36gr hollow points, for approx 8cents/rd.

I couldn't leave without buying one. Trying to decide if I should go back and get more.