Adding a reloading press to a new workbench

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
HTRN

Re: Adding a reloading press to a new workbench

Post by HTRN »

I can't due to being on the phone, but if you search my user name and reloading benches in the thread title, you should find it easy.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

HTRN wrote:
SoupOrMan wrote:
HTRN wrote:Ive previously posted on what i think is the best setup - butcherblock top with tslots, square tube frame, high enough so you can put 3 roller cabinets underneath. :ugeek:
And do that for under $200?
Good, fast or cheap, pick one. :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Had to go with cheap. It needs to be portable in case I should ever move to a new house.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Jered

Post by Jered »

If you want a smooth surface, you should put tempered hardboard as the top layer.

Also, measure the doors that you want to take them through. I built a couple of workbenches and they were light enough that I could pick them up. I just hauled them out of the house on a hand truck.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Denis

Post by Denis »

HTRN wrote:I can't due to being on the phone, but if you search my user name and reloading benches in the thread title, you should find it easy.
Thanks! This is a link to the search results.
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Do you or anyone else use those, and do you like them?
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Frankingun wrote:
Do you or anyone else use those, and do you like them?
I have their mount setup and roller handle for my Dillon Square Deal B and I like them a lot.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

benchymcbenchface.jpg
So there it is, sans a coat of paint. 42" high, 2 layers of 3/4" plywood on the top surface. I have locking casters on it to be able to move it around the basement as projects (and my pellet gun range) require. I'm planning on adding my grandfather's old 4" vise (since I have it already and don't need to spend any money on it) and my reloading press onto it, leaving the other end open for whatever else I might need to do. I think a riser mount for the press might be a bit too much considering the height.

But yeah, that's my new bench for any firearms or household projects.

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Nice! Looks pretty sturdy, and well thought-out.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

If all else fails I can lock the wheels and use it for extra shelter in case of a tornado.

Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

You just built my first shop workbench (with casters, which is a great idea). That bench of mine, 8' long, built 42 years ago, is now bolted to one interior wall of my current 50'x50' shop building (with an extra 6' added). The construction looks exactly like mine and mine has had everything from V8 engines to rifles to wristwatches repaired on it. Mine's in it's 3rd building now; you'll never wear yours out!! Wear well!! :D
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.