Mums dying

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
SoupOrMan

Re: Mums dying

Post by SoupOrMan »

I've got a few prayers to spare, man. I'll add both your mother and you to my list.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Sorry to hear, HS. Make sure you are taking care of yourself.
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

Very sorry about your loss. Praying for you both.
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Sorry to hear. Prayers sent.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Sorry for your trouble, Highspeed. Prayers inbound.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Thanks guys
rightisright wrote:Sorry to hear, HS. Make sure you are taking care of yourself.
I've got a good mate who is ex Finnish Special Forces. That's what he told me as well.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I'm very sorry to hear this, HS. I am glad the two of you were able to patch things up a bit first.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Darrell wrote:May she rest in peace, HS, and may you find some for yourself, too.
This. May you find strength and comfort.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

She's hanging in there for now, but they moved her to a private room. There's only one reason they do that.
I keep thinking I should go see her more often, but she doesn't have a clue I'm there. She used to have moments of being lucid when she was in the rehab place but they were few and far between. Now she doesn't have any of that.

It's weird how she went from being a cross between R Lee Ermey and Margaret Thatcher to basically becoming a vegetable

If I ever get in that state I want to be let go to wherever people like me end up.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Dude, I'm sorry to hear about your mum. We'll send some prayers her way, and your's too (you don't have to let us know if you get them). We hope your mum's passing is a peaceful one (unlike mine, so I'm told, who was kicking and fighting to stay in this world, and left not more than a couple minutes before I got there - my brothers tell me it was better that I was not there to witness it). We'll pray for a calm and peaceful passing. And we'll pray for you too, since it's your mum. Take care and good riding!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad