It don't mean nothin' drive on

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Cybrludite

Re: It don't mean nothin' drive on

Post by Cybrludite »

Eeeeeeeeexcellent!
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Thanks ;)

I just finally got a phone call from this alcohol treatment guy and they can see me in 5 days. He asked me about my drinking and I told him where it was at before and where it is now. He said he thought I'd done really well, but would I please drink some more for now, because I have detoxed too fast and I'm at risk of a seizure :)
First time a health professional has told me to drink more... :D
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Highspeed wrote:Thanks ;)

I just finally got a phone call from this alcohol treatment guy and they can see me in 5 days. He asked me about my drinking and I told him where it was at before and where it is now. He said he thought I'd done really well, but would I please drink some more for now, because I have detoxed too fast and I'm at risk of a seizure :)
My uncle claimed his doctor told him to keep drinking, said when he stopped he felt like crap, so the doc said to keep it up. Mind you, this was a man I saw put down a 1.75L bottle of Seven Crown (Canadian whiskey) in about seven hours, then drive back to Florida. I've known some hard drinkers but Uncle Floyd takes the prize. I figured he felt like crap because he had the hangover from Hell.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Highspeed wrote:Thanks ;)

Track your intake and ramp it down at a rate acceptable to the doctor?

ETA: I need to get a doctor's note to drink more. My wife disapproves, and I don't seem to suffer by not drinking, but once in a while is fun. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Good to see that you're back on track, HS.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MarkD wrote:Mind you, this was a man I saw put down a 1.75L bottle of Seven Crown (Canadian whiskey) in about seven hours, then drive back to Florida.
Damn. :shock: I've only done something close to that once ,and I felt like hammered dogshit for three days. I actually had people calling the house, inquiring if I was still alive. :shock: the fact that your uncle was functional enough to drive back, says a lot.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote:
MarkD wrote:Mind you, this was a man I saw put down a 1.75L bottle of Seven Crown (Canadian whiskey) in about seven hours, then drive back to Florida.
Damn. :shock: I've only done something close to that once ,and I felt like hammered dogshit for three days. I actually had people calling the house, inquiring if I was still alive. :shock: the fact that your uncle was functional enough to drive back, says a lot.
it was a daily thing for him. He drove up to visit my Mom after she was diagnosed with cancer. Walked in with two handles of seven crown, one with so much in it (holding fingers maybe five inches apart) and the other sealed. Got there about 10:00 am. Left about 5:00 pm, the part bottle was gone and the full one had so much in it (again, five inches). I wouldn't have believed that anyone could put that much whiskey down his gullet in that time and be vertical if I hadn't seen it with my own two eyes.

Wshen he pulled out the bottle I went looking for a high ball glass, he said "Here's one!" and pulled out a 20 oz iced tea glass, mixed a third to half of crown with whatever soda we had and drank them all effing day. One would've put my ass under the table. Oh, in case it wasn't clear, the air in the first bottle was once Crown, don't know when he drank it but it may well have been on the trip North.

I'm not kidding when I say I've known some hard drinkers, my Dad was a fifth-a-day man for many years, but I've never known anyone who could drink like Uncle Floyd. For the record, he died before my mother, and my mother lasted six months after her diagnosis.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Yeah, hard drinking amongst working class whites on si, bordered on being a stereotype
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Cobar wrote:Good to see that you're back on track, HS.
Good on you. You have lots of people pulling for you, me included.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.