Update(s) From Precision RE: Wife (NOT GOOD)

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Weetabix

Re: Update(s) From Precision RE: Wife (NOT GOOD)

Post by Weetabix »

Damn, there's a lot of dust in this thread. Must be that, 'cause I'm too manly to cry.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Precision

Post by Precision »

Rumpshot wrote:
Rod wrote:
MarkD wrote:I've been surprised at how upset I am about Dawn's declining health, never having met her. She seems to be the epitome of Grace, and I really wish I'd had a chance to get to know her.
I got to spend a little time with John and Dawn on their tour. Found her to be a great beauty and a delight to talk to. John was overshadowed by her in some ways but they complemented each other very well. I am forever grateful that I had the chance to meet them both. Our prayers go out to Dawn that he suffering ends when she wants it to and to John that he finds the courage to go on with life afterwards with a special angel watching over him until they are united again.
I can only echo Rod's comments. I too met them both and had the privilege to host them for a couple of days.

John I have another idea that is just forming. I hope/plan to recognize both you and Dawn at this years Rumpshot's Revenge. I don't know how just yet, but we will remember Dawn.
Thank you both of you. We are a great match together. Losing that will be one of the more difficult items. Rod is right. She out shadowed me in many areas. Mostly the being nice and agreeable, bright and shiny.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

People have written some nice things, I wish I could say something better. I just pray that you and Dawn have as much peace as you can.
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally
And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Greg

Post by Greg »

Precision wrote:
Rumpshot wrote:
Rod wrote: I got to spend a little time with John and Dawn on their tour. Found her to be a great beauty and a delight to talk to. John was overshadowed by her in some ways but they complemented each other very well. I am forever grateful that I had the chance to meet them both. Our prayers go out to Dawn that he suffering ends when she wants it to and to John that he finds the courage to go on with life afterwards with a special angel watching over him until they are united again.
I can only echo Rod's comments. I too met them both and had the privilege to host them for a couple of days.

John I have another idea that is just forming. I hope/plan to recognize both you and Dawn at this years Rumpshot's Revenge. I don't know how just yet, but we will remember Dawn.
Thank you both of you. We are a great match together. Losing that will be one of the more difficult items. Rod is right. She out shadowed me in many areas. Mostly the being nice and agreeable, bright and shiny.
When we call them our better half, we're not joking.

I'm sorry.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Greg wrote:
Precision wrote:
Rumpshot wrote: I can only echo Rod's comments. I too met them both and had the privilege to host them for a couple of days.

When we call them our better half, we're not joking.

I'm sorry.
Absolutely. I always tell people that my wife and I make a lovely couple. She makes us lovely, I make us a couple.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Posted on fb by her son Taylor this morning.
My mother has finally been relieved of her duties in this plain of existence. She has taught me so much I can't even begin to list them. I have learned even more in this difficult time and I take solace In that energy is neither created or destroyed. I love you mom and will always carry your heart! RIP 8-6-16 7:15am
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

John, give me a call if you feel the need to just talk. Not much more I/we can do right now.

So sorry to learn of Dawn's passing. She was a good woman and a perfect match for you.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
randy

Post by randy »

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

And may you be Heaven three days before the Devil knows you've gone.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

May she rest in peace and Rise in Glory.