It don't mean nothin' drive on

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
toad

Re: It don't mean nothin' drive on

Post by toad »

If you want chicks to come out of the wood work, go to a pawn shop and get a cheap wedding ring to wear. Of course the chicks that will hit on you aren't worth it.
I remember a room mate and I discussing it. When we aren't in a relationship and desperate for feminine companionship its like a symbol lights up on our foreheads that signals "loser" to the girl tribe. I went into a restaurant while babysitting my toddler nephew and whoa hot chick waitress is all over both of us. I was feeling mean so I said I was a widower....Oh my god. :o
BDK

Post by BDK »

I swore I posted this earlier:

A) It may be time to either hang up the bottle, or seek out AA.

B) Find something you enjoy. I don't care how much you suck at it - even if its just reading a book/putting on a favorite record, but take that step.

C) Look in a mirror, and decide what you like, and what you can't stand.

D) Get a haircut/beard trim/etc, and get dressed in decent clothes. Now, that may be different, depending on background - but wear whatever makes you happy.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

BDK wrote:I swore I posted this earlier:

A) It may be time to either hang up the bottle, or seek out AA.

B) Find something you enjoy. I don't care how much you suck at it - even if its just reading a book/putting on a favorite record, but take that step.

C) Look in a mirror, and decide what you like, and what you can't stand.

D) Get a haircut/beard trim/etc, and get dressed in decent clothes. Now, that may be different, depending on background - but wear whatever makes you happy.
And exercise some. Even if it's just a 30 minute walk each day. I've heard (maybe from BDK) that a 30 minute walk is as effective as most anti-depressant drugs. And the side effects are better. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

What usually helps me is to find some thing productive to do. Especially some thing really mundane like cleaning or simple repairs that need done. . Focuses your mind on something and you get some accomplishment out of it.

Then just find the next thing to do.
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Yesterday would have been my 27th wedding anniversary, it wasn't a good day but it got a bit better later.

I reached out to two friends, who were great. Broke down in front of them, let it all out.

I have been talking to a girl I met on a biker dating site for maybe 6 weeks now. She's very polite, very reserved and a nice person. Really cute. I know she needs someone to look after her, although it seems like she's doing a good enough job of that on her own. Last night she gave me some clear indications that she is attracted to me. I really like her, but I haven't said anything on that score, I'm being like a big brother\shoulder to cry on type at the moment. She was in an abusive relationship. What kind of man beats up a 5'0 tall woman ?
Maybe we might work something out, we have a lot in common. If I've got someone who needs me I might just get out of this mess.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
BDK

Post by BDK »

So stop being a teenage boy and talk to the pretty girl! :lol:
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

She's different alright. Full of surprises. She's a vegetarian and I was trying to gently explain how I used to hunt with rifles.
She replies that before she went full veggie she decided to stop eating slaughterhouse meat and hunted herself with a .22 rimfire and .410 shotgun.
That's probably not too unusual in the good ol USA, but in England it's pretty much unheard of.
Do my dog house song
BDK

Post by BDK »

Wait, HS tried to gently explain something???
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

I'm not a complete asshole Brad :D
Do my dog house song
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Random suggestion, spend some time in a good Christ centered Christian church. If you grew up in one that may be a good choice or if like me you were raised unchurched, I would suggest Lutheran.

Don't worry about how you dress or whatever. If they are Christ centered, it won't matter.

I will leave this link but obviously I have never set foot in a church in Briton so ????

http://lutheran.co.uk