It don't mean nothin' drive on

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Precision

Re: It don't mean nothin' drive on

Post by Precision »

Weet has done the heavy lifting here. Listen to him. We have your six as best we can from here.

The guys here have done a lot to help my wife and I with her cancer.

We can do the same to help you. Get your fake Mexican accent on and get over here. We can help with some cash to get you started and perhaps some connections to grease your way into a new life. The point is YOU and only you can make it a NEW life.

Get your mind right and get over here.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Cash is one thing I won't need when mum is gone. Connections, yes.
I need to move to a state that is quite warm and has low humidity, due to my injuries. The cold and damp here really messes me up.

I tell you one thing - I'll be the best American I can be. I can't actually remember a time when I didn't want to move to the USA. I feel like I have a connection to your country that is burned into me. I think I told you all about my Grandaddy being from Michigan, a volunteer who came here to fight in the Great War, married a local girl and stayed.

When I was a kid a neighbours son actually joined the US Marine Corps. I don't know how he managed that, it must have been about 1971 or 72.
He came back here for a visit in his uniform, the whole street turned out to welcome him back. He gave me a .50 cal drill round.
I often wonder what happened to him....

Precision, I am so sorry about your wife. I have been reading that thread, but never commented because I didn't have anything useful to offer. She's a beautiful woman, and I hope you guys have a lot more time together.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Like the others said, Weet did the heavy lifting. It is okay, encouraged even to vent here and figure out what is going on in your life.

Now then, a warm dry state would be called Arizona. Close to Rumpshot's Revenge. Lots of motorcycles that need expert repair service. Lot of folks that speak spanish, sorta. And there are about a half dozen of us that sometimes frequent this forum.

While you are looking after your Mum, look into what it would take to start a new life. Don't just walk away from those that are you friends, make the proper good byes and those that are just leaches, drop them and leave. In other words, think about how you will do the next step in your life and do it in a proper fashion. Not a spur of the moment decision. If you think about it and decide to stay right where you are that is okay too.

Like Weet said, I might not like you based on looking at the cover of your book. But will watch your six and kick your butt if you screw it up.

Sounds a bit weak, but condolences for your mother.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Rumpshot wrote:Now then, a warm dry state would be called Arizona. Close to Rumpshot's Revenge. Lots of motorcycles that need expert repair service. Lot of folks that speak spanish, sorta. And there are about a half dozen of us that sometimes frequent this forum.
That was my first thought, too. And for the same reasons. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Well for now I'm spending most of my time drunk. Maybe not drunk exactly, but the first thing I do in the morning is open a bottle of wine.
I get myself to a level that dulls the pain and try to stay there. I buy food that I never eat, the weight has dropped off me and I was never a big guy before. I look in the mirror and I seem old, way older than my years. My face is haggard and I don't have any muscle tone.

I just can't understand why that woman did this to me ? how much more pain can one human being stand before giving up ? she was horrible, but she was also my best friend. God I miss her, even though I wouldn't take her back now even if she begged. Which she wouldn't. I know her too well, she's indestructable and probably has someone else. If she saw me like I am now she'd despise me even more than she did before. We don't have any contact whatsoever.
I was dealing with it OK until mum had the fall, I can cope with one thing or the other but not both.

I have a car I never use, because I refuse to drive while drunk ( if I hit someone because I was impaired I'd never live with myself ) and I'm legally drunk most of the time. I hide it well on the few times I do go out. Most of the time I'm in my room in this big old house.

I never play guitar any more, and I don't play flight sims ( my other passion ) either, because my motor skills aren't up to it because of the drink.

Probably I should tail my drinking off. Get a new sober perspective.
Do my dog house song
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

What I need right now is a woman to sleep with me. Not for sex, just to hug me and tell me it's all going to be OK.
If I had that then I'd pick myself up off the floor, grit my teeth and take on the world again.
But women can smell weakness like a shark scenting blood in the water, I've had a couple of dates recently and they were disasters.
Do my dog house song
toad

Post by toad »

Alcohol is a depressant and just makes depression worse. As you say there are women who can smell blood and they make a lousy bandage for emotional wounds. Your best approach is to go talk or listen to the guys at AA.....or the guys at the auto clubs who had their troubles with the sauce. :twisted:

The alcohol also acts as a diuretic and as you dehydrate it can mess up potassium and calcium levels in your blood. Don't ask me how I know.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Back in the 1990s I ended an abusive relationship with a girl I met in college. She basically kept me around by convincing me no one else would want me, so it was either her or no one. I finally reached the point where no one sounded like a better option. In that process, I learned a few things:

- No one has the right to mistreat me. You either treat me the way I ought to be treated, or you hit the road.

- Most people, in whatever situation they find themselves in, are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. I've known happy people who didn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, happy people with health problems that make you wonder why they didn't suck-start a shotgun.

- No one can MAKE you happy, they can only share in and increase the happiness you already have.

- People respond to happiness, and positively. Within six months of deciding upon the above points I met the woman who became my wife. (I'll also note that, having been even happier once I met her, women came out of the bloody wood work to tell me they'd like to find my shoes under their bed some morning, including a number of women who'd previously turned me down for dates).I

If you're ever unfortunate enough to find yourself in northern New Jersey let me know, I'll buy you a beer. Or coffee.
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

Thanks Toad and Mark.

Another piece of bad news is that my ex girlfriend has been spotted in the area. She was\is a real piece of work, drop dead gorgeous, she could have been a catwalk model.
She got into drugs, speed in particular ( I was into drugs too, but I just used them for recreation. Speed makes me nasty, it's like I become a human lightning bolt looking for something to zap. I never touch that stuff anymore, haven't done for 20 years ) and we split because of that. She ended up being a heroin addict, the last I heard. Her parents blamed me for it all of course, when I was the only person actually trying to moderate her behaviour.
I was with her for seven years.
That was a messy break up. Her new boyfriend was a speed dealer and we didn't get along very well to put it mildly. To the point of him being dragged out of our local biker pub unconscious, leaving a trail of blood behind him after he tried to headbutt me.
I think the last time I saw her I spat in her face.

She tried to stab me once, with a knife that I had bought for her. Of course later that night we ended up in bed together.

She's probably the last person I ever want to see again.
Last edited by Highspeed on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do my dog house song
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Seriously, if you make it to Missouri, let me know. I'm right next door.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds