It don't mean nothin' drive on

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
MiddleAgedKen

Re: It don't mean nothin' drive on

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I'm sorry for your trouble.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Darrell wrote:Hang in there, man. Take some solace that you and your mum made peace while you were both still sound in mind.
What everybody else said, but especially this.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
toad

Post by toad »

If anybody ask your name just fake a Spanish accent and tell them you are from Cuba and you are waiting for processing.
Some people have come in via Canada. A few have found a Province up there that was simpatico to their values (Alberta) and they stayed.
If you can stand the heat, bugs, and humidity Texas can be nice. No state income tax, firearm friendly, and with any luck we can get our manufacturing going next year.
Termite

Post by Termite »

toad wrote:If you can stand the heat, bugs, and humidity Texas can be nice. No state income tax, firearm friendly, and with any luck we can get our manufacturing going next year.
I think the Texas hill country would be similar to the part of Spain that H.S. was living in, climate wise.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
BDK

Post by BDK »

I forgot how much cooler TX can be than the South, until August. The South starts to cool off a little in August and in TX the oven comes on.
Highspeed

Post by Highspeed »

This is how I feel.
It's like you have a jar on the shelf and it contains your resilience and courage.
I have been dipping into that jar for far too long now and it's empty. It can be filled back up by friends and the love of a good woman ( now there's a joke ), but I am just about done now. The jar is empty.
I'll keep on keeping on, because that's what we do, I am English by the grace of God - my dad fought in WW-2, saw some terrible things and he didn't whine or cry about it. He just got on with shit, did his job and came home.

I would like a good nights sleep though.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

BDK wrote:I forgot how much cooler TX can be than the South, until August. The South starts to cool off a little in August and in TX the oven comes on.
Kentucky doesn't. September is just another hot month. So is the first half of October.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Highspeed wrote:This is how I feel.
It's like you have a jar on the shelf and it contains your resilience and courage.
I have been dipping into that jar for far too long now and it's empty. It can be filled back up by friends and the love of a good woman ( now there's a joke ), but I am just about done now. The jar is empty.
I'll keep on keeping on, because that's what we do, I am English by the grace of God - my dad fought in WW-2, saw some terrible things and he didn't whine or cry about it. He just got on with shit, did his job and came home.

I would like a good nights sleep though.
Be a good son. See your mum out. Then let us help you decide your next move.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
toad

Post by toad »

Well you've had a bad year. It will take some time to recharge before you can make good decisions.
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Prayers sent to you and your family.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.