Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Cybrludite

Re: Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

Post by Cybrludite »

20160618_111104_zpsvaat798p.jpg
Given that I'm a volunteer for Project Blazing Sword, I figured it was about time I had a .22 pistol. No one at the Fun Show this weekend had a Whitney Wolverine for sale, so I picked up a 22/45 Lite instead.

(And anyone who says that Bill Ruger didn't hate gun owners has never had to strip & reassemble one of these things. :x )
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Had dinner at AlaskaTRX's house tonight with his family. I took my Not A Rifle in .45 Colt, and for shits and grins we installed his SiCo Octane 45HD using my .578-28 piston and fixed barrel spacer. I probably have at least a couple months to go before I can get my own Octane out of NFA Jail, but the SBR stamp ought to be approved any $%*^&$*^&#% day now based on obsessively watching the data roll in at nfatracker. We haven't fired the combo yet.

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I really need to get a form in for that short AR. Maybe 2 forms.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

AAAAND the approved Form 1 just rolled in. Coming soon to another thread once the stock arrives. 8-)

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Ended up being more like 2-1/2 months on the Octane. Pictured here mounted on my G20 with the Beach Towel of Death.

FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

pron.jpg
pron4.jpg
pron7.jpg
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

image.jpeg
:)
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

FelixEstrella wrote:
pron.jpg
pron4.jpg
pron7.jpg
Any chance you could send me your parts list? I've got a Delta Elite that could use some upgrades.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Langenator wrote:
FelixEstrella wrote:
pron.jpg
pron4.jpg
pron7.jpg
Any chance you could send me your parts list? I've got a Delta Elite that could use some upgrades.
Of course. Here there are no secrets. Starting with a Springfield lower (didn't muck with ejector or plunger tube), barrel, bushing, linkage, full-length guide rod, slide lock, and leaf spring, I added:

* STI Unique Slide 1911 Government 45 ACP STI Front Sight Cut and Bo-Mar Rear Sight Cut, Rear Cocking Serrations, Steel in the White (hand-polished on felt wheel)
* STI Adjustable Night Sight Set 1911 STI Front Cut and Bo-Mar Rear Cut Steel Blue Tritium
* STI Firing Pin Stop 1911 45 ACP Series 70 with Bo-Mar Sight Cut Steel Blue
* Les Baer Custom Deluxe Match Commander Hammer and Sear 1911 Steel the White
* Ed Brown Mainspring Housing Flat with Drop-In Maxi-Well 1911 Government, Commander Checkered 25 LPI
* Wilson Combat Extended Thumb Safety 1911
* Wilson Combat Bullet Proof Extractor 1911 45 ACP Series 70
* 1911 FIRING PIN (.068")
* Ed Brown Beavertail Grip Safety with Memory Groove 1911 Series 70
* Wilson Combat Complete Pin Set 1911
* Wolff 24lb recoil spring set.
* Wolff 23lb hammer spring

Stocks are faux ivory with faux Delta Elite medallions (yes, orientation is intentional).
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

FelixEstrella wrote:
Langenator wrote:
FelixEstrella wrote:
pron.jpg
pron4.jpg
pron7.jpg
Of course. Here there are no secrets. Starting with a Springfield lower (didn't muck with ejector or plunger tube), barrel, bushing, linkage, full-length guide rod, slide lock, and leaf spring, I added:

* STI Unique Slide 1911 Government 45 ACP STI Front Sight Cut and Bo-Mar Rear Sight Cut, Rear Cocking Serrations, Steel in the White (hand-polished on felt wheel)
* STI Adjustable Night Sight Set 1911 STI Front Cut and Bo-Mar Rear Cut Steel Blue Tritium
* STI Firing Pin Stop 1911 45 ACP Series 70 with Bo-Mar Sight Cut Steel Blue
* Les Baer Custom Deluxe Match Commander Hammer and Sear 1911 Steel the White
* Ed Brown Mainspring Housing Flat with Drop-In Maxi-Well 1911 Government, Commander Checkered 25 LPI
* Wilson Combat Extended Thumb Safety 1911
* Wilson Combat Bullet Proof Extractor 1911 45 ACP Series 70
* 1911 FIRING PIN (.068")
* Ed Brown Beavertail Grip Safety with Memory Groove 1911 Series 70
* Wilson Combat Complete Pin Set 1911
* Wolff 24lb recoil spring set.
* Wolff 23lb hammer spring

Stocks are faux ivory with faux Delta Elite medallions (yes, orientation is intentional).
Is the trigger stock Springfield? One of the things I want to replace is the Delta's smooth and rounded trigger.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus