Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
JustinR

Re: Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

Post by JustinR »

randy wrote:ETA: Just noticed that the cocking serrations at the rear of the slide don't look factory original. Custom?
Nope, it's a factory RTF2 gun, third gen like you said.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
randy

Post by randy »

JustinR wrote:
randy wrote:ETA: Just noticed that the cocking serrations at the rear of the slide don't look factory original. Custom?
Nope, it's a factory RTF2 gun, third gen like you said.
Thanks. Had not been paying attention to Glock developments and didn't know about RTF2 vs other frames. I barely realized the different generations.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

SoupOrMan wrote:It followed me home! Now I have four Tomcats to take care of: one tabby, one all black, one old ginger who shows up every so often and now, one in .32ACP. In case of an invasion by inbred Austrian archdukes I'm set.
soupstomcat.jpg
Awhile back I was babysitting a .25 APC Jetfire for a friend until her housing situation swiched to one where she could keep it in her nightstand. She has issues with working the slide on a regular slide, so the tip-up barrel is a very useful feature.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

The Ruby pistol. An interesting artifact, a copy of the Browning 1903. This copy was produced in Spain, for the French army. It's in .32 ACP. Produced in over 50 variants, a collector could spend the rest of his life, and a pretty good chunk of change collecting these things.

This one has been in my family since the late '50s at least. I got it from my Dad, who got it from his uncle. A son recently expressed interest in it, and it has gone home with him.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I don't know what it is with .32ACP. It's not a great cartridge, but it's especially handy in smaller pistols.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Jered

Post by Jered »

SoupOrMan wrote:I don't know what it is with .32ACP. It's not a great cartridge, but it's especially handy in smaller pistols.
It was enough to kick off a century of bloodletting.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

That was actually .380. Princip's real problem was that he didn't have the proper tags for Inbred Austrian Archduke.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Picked this up at Academy Sports today. 9mm M&P, with the manual safety to make it easier to tell from the .40 cal one I've had for years. It also has a tactile loaded chamber indicator and that odd USPOL number down the right side, as well as the serial number being repeated on the slide and barrel. Anyone have any idea what that marking is about?
20160606_131727.jpg

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Yin and Yang have a turn on the Humidor O' DOOOOOM. Yin is a Kel-Tec P-40, and Yang is a matte chromed Kel-Tec P-11.
20160608_123839.jpg

Jered

Post by Jered »

Somehow this ended up in my house...

No jokes about powdering balls. :lol:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.