Whatcha reading redux.

Everything cultural, pop or otherwise. Books, movies, music, comics, poetry, random cultural geekery.
Netpackrat

Re: Whatcha reading redux.

Post by Netpackrat »

Finished reading "Strands of Sorrow" by Ringo the other night. Slowly working my way through "Fry the Brain".
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I have most of the destroyer books in epub format. Gotta put some kind of reader on my phone. My life is suffering from a ashore age of chuinisms :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I just got a copy of "The Guns Of August". This will actually be the first book specifically on WWI that I have read.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Kommander wrote:I just got a copy of "The Guns Of August". This will actually be the first book specifically on WWI that I have read.
It's good. If you want more, I recommend Keegan's The First World War and Massie's Dreadnought and Castles of Steel. Massie's books are rather like MacPherson's Battle Cry of Freedom in that it starts before the war and puts it in its political context. Keegan and Massie are both great writers. I think I've recommended these before, so apologies for repeating myself. Getting old. :D
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
randy

Post by randy »

HTRN wrote: Gotta put some kind of reader on my phone.
For Android I like Aldiko
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Was looking at Google play books, and it turns out, that its already installed on the tablet. Gotta check my smartphone..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
evan price

Post by evan price »

Just finished Corriea's "Son of the Black Sword" and it was good. Larry's found his voice.
Almost through David Weber's "Sword of the South" and it's good to get back to the Bahzell Bahnakson world again.
Next up is more David Drake.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Just downloaded Kevin Hearne's latest Iron Druid book, "Staked". Currently relistening to the entire series, and right in the middle of Trapped. Luke Daniels does an awesome job of narrating.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

5th Jack Reacher book was basically Jack Reacher versus the racist rednecks...and a hit squad.

On to book 6, "Without Fail". I think it's gonna be Reacher saves the Veep.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
evan price

Post by evan price »

dfwmtx wrote:5th Jack Reacher book was basically Jack Reacher versus the racist rednecks...and a hit squad.

On to book 6, "Without Fail". I think it's gonna be Reacher saves the Veep.
Lee Child's UK homeland is very obvious from his shitty gun knowledge.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!