How A Radial Engine Works

Discussion of all things technological and/or gadgety
Denis

Re: How A Radial Engine Works

Post by Denis »

Netpackrat wrote:
Denis wrote: I wasn't aware that constipation was a professional problem for aircraft mechanics. :mrgreen:
Skydrol in the eyes can be.
I had to look that up in WP:
Skydrol fluids are irritating to human tissue. Gloves and goggles are recommended safety equipment when servicing Skydrol systems. If the fluid gets on the skin it creates an itchy, red rash with a burning sensation which feels similar to a sunburn. The effects subside within a few hours and castor oil can be applied to the affected area to neutralize the burning.
Does castor oil in the eyes help, or just on affected skin?

Hah, apparently castor oil works on eyes too:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... main/19582
toad

Post by toad »

Fokker Aircraft built short haul twin turboprop aircraft. I think the first of the series was the F-27 Friendship. It used pneumatics for landing gear and brakes IIRC. Apparently they didn't have trouble with it. Must be nice not to have the "dribbles" under the mains anyway.
Skydrol sounds like it would be good for soaking gun parts in to remove carbon.
I like the all electric set up on the MU-200. I wonder if that could be up scaled for commuter aircraft?
Denis

Post by Denis »

toad wrote:Fokker Aircraft built short haul twin turboprop aircraft.
A humourous, but very learned, engineer of my acquaintance was retained by an airline to evaluate aircraft in which it was considering investing. Fokker was one potential supplier, so he frequently had to visit their premises. He gleefully and at every opportunity declared to all and sundry, "I'm off now to see the Fokkers!" :mrgreen:
randy

Post by randy »

I remember one of Harlan Ellison's books had a series of NSFW King Kong cartoons. One was of Kong on top of the Empire State Building shaking his fist and yelling "Fokkers!"
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".