Target Sources

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
randy

Target Sources

Post by randy »

OK, Starting a Sticky Thread with online (and other) sources for targets. (Practice, that is. Please refrain from posting locations of Islamo-facists, politician speaking schedules and leftist protest rallies :twisted: )

This is being merged with the Printable sight in target for M-4/MERGED Mil silhouette Tgts thread. I'm quoting relevant posts from that thread rather than an actual merge so this introductory post is the first one listed.

This inelegant solution is a result of my limited skills and not a commentary on anything at the other thread.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Re: Target Sources

Post by randy »

toad wrote:I realize this is an old topic but we might have some newbies looking in.
http://www.bobdbob.com/~deneb/doc/targe ... e-zero.pdf
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
randy

Post by randy »

toad wrote:http://www.bobdbob.com/~deneb/doc/targe ... uettes.pdf
These targets are for a 25 meter range, they duplicate the size of the military target at various ranges.
I have to fight off a tendency to use a target shooter's 6 O'clock hold. I'd like to experiment with the best place to hold a red dot on these.
I'd like to have the top of the red dot be the on spot.
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote:Here's an old favorite of mine.
randy

Post by randy »

Netpackrat wrote:Image
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I get some fun targets from here: http://go.stagarms.com/printable-targets

You have to sign up for them, name and email, but the worst you get is spam for some neat guns. And just about everything Stag makes comes in a right-and-left hand version, which I think is pretty cool.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Am I the only one that finds it a PITA to dial in a red dot at 25 yards?

#astigmatism
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

No, that's why I don't do the red dot thing. That, and the fact that I have a rifle that will group sub-MOA, and my aiming device has a 4-MOA dot. Just not seeing the logic there.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Denis

Post by Denis »

First Shirt wrote:No, that's why I don't do the red dot thing. That, and the fact that I have a rifle that will group sub-MOA, and my aiming device has a 4-MOA dot. Just not seeing the logic there.
Horses for courses - if they suit your eyes, the red dots are good for rapid target acquisition at short range. I have a tiny Docter 3.5moa dot sight on my express rifle, sighted-in at 60m, and it works like a charm on running deer and boar - like shooting clays with a shotgun. I wouldn't choose either that rifle or that sight for long precision shots, though...
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

I get most of my practice targets from either Champion's Choice or Pilkington Competition. North-South Skirmish Association targets I get directly from them.