My daughter got married on Saturday

Discussions about our lives, families, jobs... things may get a little personal
Weetabix

My daughter got married on Saturday

Post by Weetabix »

We've been living in a whirlwind for three months, but the wedding and reception came off nicely.

The groom is the first guy to come around interested in her that I didn't want to shoot. He's a good guy.

The morning of the wedding, we found out the cellist couldn't play. Fortunately, my oldest daughter knows all the cellists in town, so we had another within 30 minutes. The music was very nice.

The reception was a trial since it was big, and I don't like noisy crowds. I'm quite exhausted.

Don't believe caterers about how much food you need. We have tons left over. I'm going to have to learn to love something that goes with club soda.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
First Shirt

Re: My daughter got married on Saturday

Post by First Shirt »

Congrats to the happy couple, and we wish them a long and happy life together!

Sympathies to the parents, I know how hectic the entire ordeal can be!

We married off three daughters in nine months, with the last two weddings one month apart. It was... interesting, in a medieval-torture kind of way. (Oddly enough, two of the three original couples are still together, after 20 years.)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Weetabix wrote:The groom is the first guy to come around interested in her that I didn't want to shoot. He's a good guy.
That's a blessing. I've done it both ways, believe me, and liking your son-in-law is better than despising him.
Don't believe caterers about how much food you need. We have tons left over. I'm going to have to learn to love something that goes with club soda.
Lots of things go well with club soda. Scotch, for one, or lime sherbet if you'd rather. It's a good mixer.

At any rate, congratulations.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
toad

Post by toad »

Reception for the fisherman's daughter, Vienna Sausage, crackers, and beer.
"Where's your hubby?," , "He's out on the lake with daddy, not catching anything and pissing off the side of the boat."
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Congrats.

... and yes, I only have one son in law and we like him. So there is that.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Congrats! It should be a good number of years before DD starts dating, much less gets married... but I hope to end up in your camp.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Denis

Post by Denis »

Splendid! Congratulations and best wishes all around.

Club soda is a nice mixer for Martini bianco. Lots of ice, chill the Martini, the soda and the glass, and add a slice of lime.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Congrats!

Club soda w. fresh lemon is divine.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Son&Heir wedding shower was Saturday. Big day is right after fall finals in December. Looks like the jarhead is going to clear the killer "filter them out" Engineering semester. He'll be ready for a wedding and party after 4 months of Calc 3, Physics 200, Statics and Materials.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Congratulations!
Eppur si muove--Galileo