Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
evan price

Re: Ye Olde Pistol Picture Thread

Post by evan price »

Two Hot Latinos:

Star Super B 9x19, and a Ballester-Molina 45:

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

When we get together with family, shooting is usually involved, and we've learned to specify long gun or hand gun. Generally, something like this results.

This doesn't count, of course, the ones on our belts or in our pockets.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

There's no replacement for displacement. Old model Vaquero, 45 Colt.

Bought for a song to shoot a time or two and flip. Turned into a favorite and a keeper.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

blackeagle603 wrote:There's no replacement for displacement. Old model Vaquero, 45 Colt.

Bought for a song to shoot a time or two and flip. Turned into a favorite and a keeper.
I put one of those on layaway today. Mine is the blued, with the 7.5" barrel. I'll use it in the Shootist category.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I got this one off layaway today, for my younger son who is a cop. Smith and Wesson 36-1, 3" heavy barrel. It should make a great plainclothes or CCW piece. I haven't seen a 3" barreled 36 in years.

Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

PawPaw wrote:
blackeagle603 wrote:There's no replacement for displacement. Old model Vaquero, 45 Colt.

I put one of those on layaway today. Mine is the blued, with the 7.5" barrel. I'll use it in the Shootist category.
PawPaw, I hope yours is a New Vaquero. It saddens me to see one of the old models being used for wax bullets when they can easily handle those big thumpin' cast bullet loads. :)
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

First Shirt wrote:PawPaw, I hope yours is a New Vaquero. It saddens me to see one of the old models being used for wax bullets when they can easily handle those big thumpin' cast bullet loads. :)
Sorry, Top, it's an old model. The serial number is really interesting. Under 100 interesting. Well under. Like under 50 interesting. I feel like this one came out of the factory the first week Vaqueros were shipped, way back in '93.

But, I have a Ruger that will handle heavy loads. Here's a pic of my daughter-in-law in full recoil trying her hand at the SBH. I've had this one for several years and love packing it in the deer woods.

Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

If I can find a new model with the 7.5 bbl, would you consider a trade??
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

First Shirt wrote:If I can find a new model with the 7.5 bbl, would you consider a trade??
I dunno, maybe, it depends on what you find. I won't get it off layaway until just after Christmas, so we have plenty of time to consider. I'll stop by the shop next week and try to get some good photos.

Still, no promises. I've been looking at this pistol for three months and jumped on it when he lowered the price.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

If I can find one, it will be a .45 Colt, New Vaquero, with a 7.5 inch bbl. And I'll trade straight up.

Hell, I'll even deliver it!
Lindy Cooper Wisdom