List of non-credible sources and attributions

This is where we post the rules
Highspeed

Re: List of non-credible sources and attributions

Post by Highspeed »

BBC - AKA British Broadcasting Corporation.
I can cite any amount of reasons, but I won't clutter the thread up with them.
All my life I been in the dog house
I guess that just where I belong
That just the way the dice roll
Do my dog house song
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Highspeed wrote:BBC - AKA British Broadcasting Corporation.
I can cite any amount of reasons, but I won't clutter the thread up with them.
I don't know if you know this but many in the US consider the BBC to be better source of news than the major US networks, but then again so is Al Jazeera. Hell at least Al Jazeera's bias is obvious.
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

Al Jazeera can be pretty good on some things. (They tend to be pretty frank about Arab politics.)
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

CByrneIV wrote: The Revolutionary War Veterans Association
I'd be curious to know what this site did to get on the black list; I haven't been over there in quite some time.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

And as much as hate to admit it, JPFO can tip a little too much towards the GOA line of thinking/behavior.

Overall, if you get away from the emotional initial reactions to specific bills, laws, regulations/resolutions, etc., etc., JPFO can be a HUGE resource of information. But on occasion, they can be as reactionary as some of the GOA nutballs. I MUCH prefer getting my firearms news and information from the NRA. After all, at least they research their information rather than just echoing what someone else has spouted - regardless of its accuracy.

I would put JPFO in a category of information resource, rather than a NEWS carrier. If you get NEWS from JPFO, you SHOULD VERIFY it through other sources before trusting it. Their RESEARCHED information is first-rate, just beware if it's something new coming out.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

CByrneIV wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:
I'd be curious to know what this site did to get on the black list; I haven't been over there in quite some time.
You missed the fact that they have internally self destructed over the past few years? That they now operate on your basic stalinist purge basis? How they have roaming groups of what are essentially cultists who search out anything negative, or even slightly less than positive about them all over the internet, and then personally attack anyone associated with it?
That's too bad. I went to an Appleseed clinic a few years ago, learned a lot about position shooting. I had thought about going to another one to get my Rifleman patch.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

CByrneIV wrote:You missed the fact that they have internally self destructed over the past few years? That they now operate on your basic stalinist purge basis? How they have roaming groups of what are essentially cultists who search out anything negative, or even slightly less than positive about them all over the internet, and then personally attack anyone associated with it?
Completely. I pretty much stick to reading the same sites, so if it isn't on one of them or doesn't catch my attention, chances are I will miss it entirely.

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Netpackrat wrote:
Well how many 250 year old veterans do you know?
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Anything and everything I have ever posted in the past, or the future.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Yogimus wrote:Anything and everything I have ever posted in the past, or the future.
The badger thing didn't really happen?