Federal 9BPLE(115g JHP +P+) on sale(Updated)

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
randy

Re: Federal 9BPLE(115g JHP +P+) on sale

Post by randy »

I've used the standard pressure 9BP load for years as an alternate carry load (primary is Win Silvertips).

However, I'm not confident that my 80's era BHP is up to a diet of +P+.

I've been considering converting my .40 S&W BHP to 9mm, primarily due to ammo costs. I think it would only take a new barrel, extractor and recoil spring (and mags of course, but I've got a good quantity of 9mm mags). I would think the beefed up components for .40 would handle 9mm +P and +P+ rounds, but then I never felt undergunned with the 9BP and ST rounds.

UPDATE: I started a separate thread to discuss the conversion.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Termite

Re: Federal 9BPLE(115g JHP +P+) on sale(Updated)

Post by Termite »

Apparently CTD has either extended the sale, or decided to make $17.49 the current price for the ammo.

BTW, I got the original notice via email on Apr 5th, I believe. I have no connection to CTD, other than being a customer.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

I still believe that's a damn good price for such quality performance ammo, and am glad you brought it to my attention. It finally got me to register on their site and order something! :D :D ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

I'm only modestly embarrassed that I don't own a handgun in 9mm (luger).

.22 x3
.38/.357 x2
.38 S&W x1
9x18 Makarov x1
.45 ACP x2

I hang my head in shame.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Flintlock Tom wrote:I'm only modestly embarrassed that I don't own a handgun in 9mm (luger).

.22 x3
.38/.357 x2
.38 S&W x1
9x18 Makarov x1
.45 ACP x2
You have guns in calibers on each side of it, but nothing in 9mm - one of the most ubiquitous calibers around in the world (and many of the women I overheard today at the Women on Target class saying they liked its compromise in recoil, accuracy, and shoot-ability for home defense), but I'm actually surprised you don't have one (I suppose that's as bad as me not having anything in 5.56mm or .223). :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) ;)

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

One of my first semi-auto handguns was a S&W 6509 in 9mm, but I sold it to my big brother about 20 years ago.

I've been watching for an S&W Model 59 on the auction sites for awhile now, but they don't come up often.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Flintlock Tom wrote:One of my first semi-auto handguns was a S&W 6509 in 9mm, but I sold it to my big brother about 20 years ago.

I've been watching for an S&W Model 59 on the auction sites for awhile now, but they don't come up often.
My mom has one of the older ones, would you like me to see if she wants to sell it?

mousegun

Re: Federal 9BPLE(115g JHP +P+) on sale

Post by mousegun »

308Mike wrote:
mousegun wrote:
308Mike wrote: AYUP - me too. As much as I didn't want to spend the money, good defensive ammo at a GREAT price is damn hard to beat (or argue with). I think I'll use these to stagger between my rounds of Black Talon, which is currently occupied by Israeli high pressure ball ammo.
What???CTD is shipping to Kommiefornia again :!: :?: :!: When did that happen?
When the previous anti-handgun ammo bill was ruled unconstitutional as being too vague. One of the reasons for those frigging nutcases in SacraKornhole to try again with an even WORSE bill(s). Part of this was discussed in the thread about Ammoman.com ceasing to fill orders to California, but that's been cleared up and they're shipping to CA again.

We discussed this back in Jan-Feb, were you on vacation? ;) ;) :lol:
Hopefully, we can stop these latest THREE new anti-gun bills in SacraKornhole, who are aiming to screw us BIG TIME!! And we can use ALL the help we can get!
Nawwww. Vacation was the month of December. Jan. Feb. was back to work with lots of 12-16 hour days and annoying travel thrown in for good measure.
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

308Mike wrote:
Flintlock Tom wrote:One of my first semi-auto handguns was a S&W 6509 in 9mm, but I sold it to my big brother about 20 years ago.

My mom has one of the older ones, would you like me to see if she wants to sell it?
Thanks, Mike, but I've already bought more guns this year than my wife knows about.
Dinochrome

Post by Dinochrome »

Yup. I've still got it, too. I keep it loaded with hollowpoints in the nightstand in the bedroom.
The same drawer also holds my PA-63 in 9X18 AND spare rounds for the Stevens 620.

I've also got the High-Point 9mm carbine (JamMaster).

Ever heard of the HEAP gun? Holocaust Evasion And Prevention short 9mm carbine.
Mass-produced like the Sten but more reliable, firing from closed-bolt, sold cheaply or given to endangered populations.
The idea comes from a novel, "Cryptonomicon". If every Jewish family had had one and a pocket-full of parabellum
cartridges in 1933, WW2 might have been concentrated in the Pacific.
"Fair is fair; If somebody tries to kill you, kill them right back."
Captain Malcolm of Serenity