Federal 9BPLE(115g JHP +P+) on sale(Updated)

The place to discuss ammunition, reloading, ballistics, loads, and chamberings.
Termite

Federal 9BPLE(115g JHP +P+) on sale(Updated)

Post by Termite »

Cheaper than Dirt has Federal 9mm BPLE, the 115gr +P+ LE stuff, on sale for $17.49/box of 50. This is the load that many LE departments issued when 9mms were popular, and is ranked as the top 9mm load in Marshall & Sanow's one shot study.
Apr 7 is the last sale day.

LINKY
Last edited by Termite on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Ben Rumson

Re: Federal 9BPLE(115g JHP +P+) on sale

Post by Ben Rumson »

Thanks for the heads up.. Order is in.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Ben Rumson wrote:Thanks for the heads up.. Order is in.
AYUP - me too. As much as I didn't want to spend the money, good defensive ammo at a GREAT price is damn hard to beat (or argue with). I think I'll use these to stagger between my rounds of Black Talon, which is currently occupied by Israeli high pressure ball ammo.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

308Mike wrote: AYUP - me too. As much as I didn't want to spend the money, good defensive ammo at a GREAT price is damn hard to beat (or argue with). I think I'll use these to stagger between my rounds of Black Talon, which is currently occupied by Israeli high pressure ball ammo.
Or you could just shoot the two decades old ammo and carry the new stuff. I'm not really sure what you expect to gain by staggering different rounds in your magazines, and several potential problems it could cause.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
mousegun

Post by mousegun »

308Mike wrote:
AYUP - me too. As much as I didn't want to spend the money, good defensive ammo at a GREAT price is damn hard to beat (or argue with). I think I'll use these to stagger between my rounds of Black Talon, which is currently occupied by Israeli high pressure ball ammo.
What???CTD is shipping to Kommiefornia again :!: :?: :!: When did that happen?
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

mousegun wrote:What???CTD is shipping to Kommiefornia again :!: :?: :!: When did that happen?
Well, I imagine it was after this little thing called a TRO. ;)
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

mousegun wrote:
308Mike wrote:
What???CTD is shipping to Kommiefornia again :!: :?: :!: When did that happen?
When the previous anti-handgun ammo bill was ruled unconstitutional as being too vague. One of the reasons for those frigging nutcases in SacraKornhole to try again with an even WORSE bill(s). Part of this was discussed in the thread about Ammoman.com ceasing to fill orders to California, but that's been cleared up and they're shipping to CA again.

We discussed this back in Jan-Feb, were you on vacation? ;) ;) :lol:

Hopefully, we can stop these latest THREE new anti-gun bills in SacraKornhole, who are aiming to screw us BIG TIME!! And we can use ALL the help we can get!

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Apparently, yesterday wasn't the last day as the price is still listed at $17.49, and I used a different browser and did a FULL page refresh to ensure it wasn't coming from cache. So, if you still want to get the ammo at THAT price, I'd suggest ordering it ASAP (unless they plan on keeping it at that price, then it's not a sale price)!

Ben Rumson

Post by Ben Rumson »

I wasn't able to locate an end of sale date either, but at that price I didn't want to wait and forget about it.

Now I'll have enough self defense ammo to last.. well... until I run out.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Ben Rumson wrote:I wasn't able to locate an end of sale date either, but at that price I didn't want to wait and forget about it.
Wise decision!