San Diego Environs

Announcements for your geographic region, or province.
blackeagle603

Re: San Diego Environs

Post by blackeagle603 »

Let's worry about it as we get closer to May and plans/headcount firm up. Depends a bit on size of gathering.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

blackeagle603 wrote:Let's worry about it as we get closer to May and plans/headcount firm up. Depends a bit on size of gathering.
Roger that, it's just that at a little over a month-and-a-half away is going to come up PDQ (and the busier you are, the sooner it'll be here). ;)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

BE603 - Cross streets, what part of the world do you live in?
Friday or Saturday work for us. Probably evening for Friday or afternoon/evening for Saturday for those folks that need to work/travel.

Workin - Will you be able to make the trip down from the "big" city to join us??? I-15 with I-215 links should be a relatively easy drive...
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
mousegun

Post by mousegun »

Depending on timing and time of day I could make that haul. Work has been wierd lately; I've been running into the unexpected 12 hour days again. Ride time from the casa would be about 1 1/2 - 2 hours depending on traffic. I live 10 min. south of Los Angeles Int. Scareport so I have to fight traffic patterns all the way through O.C. before I hit "open road".
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Give yourself 2 1/2 from there to my place (east of Qcom stadium).
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

BE, have you decided which day and time yet?
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Also, do you have a deep freeze to store item purchased for the event (I might be going to Costco in the next day or two and was looking to start shopping for the cook-out). We need to discuss how we're going to handle the food purchases. I don't mind buying things and (if you have room) storing them over there if possible. We also have a moderate-sized turkey to donate to the cause if you like. Personally, I prefer red meat (including buffalo), chicken, seafood, most other fowl - but I've never had 'gator, and what I've seen on TV, it looks like it might be okay if fixed right. It's been many years since I've had venison, or even rabbit (which I love fried like chicken), never had wild pig, Elk, Moose, and a few others I haven't thought of.

:jacked:
My wife is a VERY picky eater. She'll eat red meat, chicken, turkey, but WILL NOT eat most seafood (I've got her to enjoy some batter-encrusted Talapia, and traditional Fish 'N' Chips (as long as there's English Malt Vinegar to go with it). Unfortunately, she doesn't have a stomach like a Marine, and willing to try most anything - HELL NO!! If she's never eaten it before, she's not much interested in it. She's heard my stories about my mom sneaking us (as kids) cow brains mixed with our scrambled-eggs - which to this very day she DENIES EVER DOING (but laughs heartily while professing such denial), so there's NO FRIGGIN' WAY she'll ever KNOWINGLY eat any kind of brains (I'm right along with her on that score!!!).

I love her to death, by sometimes trying to find something different for us to eat gets rather frustrating. I'd LOVE to get her to REALLY ENJOY eating venison, so I can go out and hunt some and she'll eat what I've brought home.

Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest when dealing with my wife's "food issues". <SIGH>

Let me know what you need, and I'll start keeping my eye out for good deals.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Mud_Dog

Post by Mud_Dog »

308Mike wrote:Also, do you have a deep freeze to store item purchased for the event (I might be going to Costco in the next day or two and was looking to start shopping for the cook-out). We need to discuss how we're going to handle the food purchases. I don't mind buying things and (if you have room) storing them over there if possible. We also have a moderate-sized turkey to donate to the cause if you like. Personally, I prefer red meat (including buffalo), chicken, seafood, most other fowl - but I've never had 'gator, and what I've seen on TV, it looks like it might be okay if fixed right. It's been many years since I've had venison, or even rabbit (which I love fried like chicken), never had wild pig, Elk, Moose, and a few others I haven't thought of.

:jacked:
My wife is a VERY picky eater. She'll eat red meat, chicken, turkey, but WILL NOT eat most seafood (I've got her to enjoy some batter-encrusted Talapia, and traditional Fish 'N' Chips (as long as there's English Malt Vinegar to go with it). Unfortunately, she doesn't have a stomach like a Marine, and willing to try most anything - HELL NO!! If she's never eaten it before, she's not much interested in it. She's heard my stories about my mom sneaking us (as kids) cow brains mixed with our scrambled-eggs - which to this very day she DENIES EVER DOING (but laughs heartily while professing such denial), so there's NO FRIGGIN' WAY she'll ever KNOWINGLY eat any kind of brains (I'm right along with her on that score!!!).

I love her to death, by sometimes trying to find something different for us to eat gets rather frustrating. I'd LOVE to get her to REALLY ENJOY eating venison, so I can go out and hunt some and she'll eat what I've brought home.

Sorry, I just needed to get that off my chest when dealing with my wife's "food issues". <SIGH>

Let me know what you need, and I'll start keeping my eye out for good deals.
Mmm, pig brains & eggs!

I've only had it a couple of times with my grandparents, but not that bad actually. Personally, I'd doubt I'd eat it that much ever again but if I had too I wouldn't hate it. Then again, I don't like "breakfast" food all that much.

How the hell is it that we decide some food is common for breakfast though? Give me a steak or a burger, I'm fine with that!
Obamalypse, Part II: The Armening. (-NPR)
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

haven't been online much -- busy theater weekend. Does Saturday the 20th work for all ya'll?

What's the count thus far? 3 couples plus my crew? Rumpshot, Mike, Tom? Others in your groups? That's not a stress for us.

We'll plan on putting on chicken and brats. BYOM if you'd like to add to that melange.
As for side dishes, got a favorite you'd like to throw in the mix? Sound off and we'll fill in the gaps around that.

Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

blackeagle603 wrote: and brats.
The ogre version of veal?
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto