Soliciting recommendations for a new trigger gauge

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
rightisright

Soliciting recommendations for a new trigger gauge

Post by rightisright »

Title says it all.

I've been trying my hand at a bit of WECSOG trigger work on a few of my rifles and would like to be able to quantify the results.
workinwifdakids

Re: Soliciting recommendations for a new trigger gauge

Post by workinwifdakids »

Standing by for recommendations, as well. Good thread; want a gauge for myself.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

I should add, my first attempt at WECSOG trigger work was on a Mosin Nagant M44. Apparently, I filed a little too much off the top of the sear. A cocked rifle releases the trigger when the butt is slammed very hard on the floor... Good thing I started my career on a cheap gun :P
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I have just the basic RCBS gauge, and it seems to work okay.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Do you want a gauge, or a trigger weight set?

Out of the gauges, Lyman's Electronic one is really nice, but it's $60.

Brownells sells a variety of trigger weight sets.

HTRN
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
1911Man

Post by 1911Man »

I have the basic RCBS one myself. It works OK on single action triggers and most double action. It just doesn't go up high enough for some DA pistols. They don't work really well on Glocks because of the trigger "safety" lever. I've never had an issue using it on a rifle.
My ideas are mine. You go out and get your own!