XTI Procyon light review.

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Aglifter

XTI Procyon light review.

Post by Aglifter »

Seems pretty nifty. It's quite easy to use the momentary on/switched on -- not sure how easy it will be to activate the strobe under stress.

It went on my XD45 5" just fine, between the light, and the stainless guide rod, it's a bit muzzle heavy -- if I switch back to the stock guide rod, I think I'll find the balance ideal, but I don't mind a muzzle heavy pistol.

I think it would handle the best on a 4" barreled XD 45.

I'll be keeping it on my nightstand/truck gun, but, as I've sent my G29 into exile, I may pick up either a 4" or a compact XD and carry it holstered w. the light attached.

It's your typical, painfully bright light, but not too harsh to the user. My brother and I messed around (w. it unmounted) shining it into each other's faces in dark rooms. It doesn't cause discomfort in the user, and is bareable to the person being illuminated, until you turn the strobe on.

The strobe wasn't too bad from behind the flashlight, although I think it would give you a headache after awhile, and I wouldn't search the dark using the strobe function.

The strobe is down right evil on the wrong side -- it pretty well instinctively causes you to put your hands over your eyes... You can still determine the direction of the source, but the distance is difficult to judge -- of course, if you're returning fire w. a gun, in a house, the distance doesn't really matter.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
FastRope71

Re: XTI Procyon light review.

Post by FastRope71 »

What's the price on that little gem?
If you are unwilling to give another man freedom in his life, do not expect to have it in your own.
It surely beats trying to figure out what the metrosexuals want ( a good hard kick in the nuts in my opinion, but that won't sell ice cream :D )- Highspeed
Aglifter

Post by Aglifter »

~130 -- I'd double check about availability -- Optic planet said it was in stock, then would be restocked in 3-5 days... I ended up getting it a month later... But, I like it.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Groovy, I may get one for Miss G&T, she loves a light for night work. Had a 30 min conversation about it the other night, pros and cons. No wonder I am in love.

Moved to Gear Talk.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.