Lets trade holsters?

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Factfind

Lets trade holsters?

Post by Factfind »

No doubt I am not the only forum member with a box of holsters belonging to guns I no longer own. What if we each posted a list of the holsters we don't use or want and see if any of our buddies here could use them. The goal would be to exchange one for one, or failing that, just to find a good home for your underused leather with a worthy Gun Counter member?

Anyone interested in this idea? Mods, is this okay?
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: Lets trade holsters?

Post by Combat Controller »

Not a bad idea at all. I have over a $1000 worth of holsters and at best I use four of them.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Factfind

Post by Factfind »

I suppose that if we each publish our list (after a notice period )then members can exchange private messages. No doubt there will be a great interest in certain gear and everyone would have to understand that it would be first come first served so that there will be no hard feelings. I think it would be appropriate for the recipient to pay the postage on the holster to the person sending it unless there is an exchange.

It would be nice if we could pull this off in an orderly fashion.
Any other thoughts? suggestions?
Whirlibird

Post by Whirlibird »

I like it.
Win-win for everybody.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I can't participate with photos until after christmas. I can list a few off the top of my head though.

Should we list what we are looking for, or what we have? I am thinking both. Folks can list what they have, and what they would like. It could jog a memory.

Now for the standard disclaimer:

The Gun Counter will not be held liable for any shenanigans with any transaction from or on this site. Trade at your own risk, only with someone you know, etc. Use your common sense. Now we all pretty much know each other and no one I know of has been ripped off in the last few years of the various iterations, but FYI CYA.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

If you rip off a fellow forum member, we will find you...
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
FastRope71

Post by FastRope71 »

...........and we have guns. Though we may or may not have a convenient way to carry them.
If you are unwilling to give another man freedom in his life, do not expect to have it in your own.
It surely beats trying to figure out what the metrosexuals want ( a good hard kick in the nuts in my opinion, but that won't sell ice cream :D )- Highspeed
Factfind

Post by Factfind »

No Scrooges need apply. I'll inventory what I can offer (for free) right after Christmas and we can post what we want to share/need. They aren't doing me any good sitting in a box.
jetfxr69

Post by jetfxr69 »

I'll start with a "wanted" list.

I'm a lefty (handed, not political), whose only pistol (for now) is a Beretta 92FS. I'm guessing I'm probably big enough to conceal the Beretta (particularly now, Winter), but my one belt holster sucks, and the shoulder rig isn't great either.

Wanted: I'd like to try IWB strong-side, and SOB carry. I guess wearing in cross-draw fashion would work too.

I'm spending my first $$ on good carry on a quality gunbelt. Someone posted a link the other day, I think I bookmarked it.
Factfind

Post by Factfind »

Here are several that I have available now,I'll get to the big box this weekend. All are in very good to new condition. If you really can use one for a gun you have now, email me and I'll be glad to send it along. Think of it as a Gunnie Christmas present.

Holster List
All right handed
[strike]Ted Blocker 911T 6906 -Tan Leather belt slide holster with thumb break[/strike]
[strike]Bianchi 7/7L for Sig Sauer P220 226-Black Leather Paddle Holster with thumb break[/strike]
[strike]DeSantis for S&W K frame revolver- Black Leather belt slide[/strike]
[strike]Alessi IWB leather Cordovan for Sig P230[/strike]
[strike]Galco for Colt Officers Model S.O.B. small of back holster- Plain tan[/strike][/strike]
I found home for all of them with fellow Gunnies. great!
Last edited by Factfind on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:35 am, edited 6 times in total.