Leftie FUD and Prepping

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
blackeagle603

Leftie FUD and Prepping

Post by blackeagle603 »

Some good prepper stuff from online e-bike friend Karl. He'd actually fit in well here -- even as an avowed Bernie supporter. Got a thick skin, could hold his own and prolly school most of us on a thing or two. Fun blog to follow for e-bikes. A bit of a wild man with the hardware and DIY projects and "overdoing" it in just about every application.

I'd take issue with some (many) of his cheap personal gear choices but his e-bike advice is pure platinum.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
slowpoke

Re: Leftie FUD and Prepping

Post by slowpoke »

I read that and I got a kick out of his off grid no-fuel home setup using propane. I wish e-bikes werent treated as motorcycles in my state. On second thought, thats keeping me from another expensive hobby....
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

It gets cheaper as you start to increasingly park or eliminate a vehicle.

...and then go full geek like me and find yourself increasingly loading up cargo to the point of hauling a trailer to places like Costco and Home Depot instead of driving.

...and then start thinking about ways to make that trailer convertible to a long bed that can haul 4x8 sheet goods and small loads of dimensional lumber.

Only adds 3 minutes or so more to ride vs drive the 3-4 miles for me. Then there's the reduction in crowded parking lot hassles -- zip up to the store and park next to the loading zone.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Still I think this https://motoped.com/survival/ converted to run on ethanol would work better in shtf. Monshine makes easier than electricity.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop