Berry's Manufacturing

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Old Grafton

Berry's Manufacturing

Post by Old Grafton »

I've dealt with these folks for several years and their products and service is outstanding. And their "seconds" in the bullets section are indistinguishable from their "firsts" as far as I can see. The only "bitch" I have (and it's not really a bitch, more like a compliment) is that their copper-plated "Double Struck" bullets are SO SLICK that they're hard to pick up!

https://www.berrysmfg.com/
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
BDK

Re: Berry's Manufacturing

Post by BDK »

Good stuff. Popular w USPSA
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I ran their double-struck round nose in .40. Some one mistook them for .45 and had to do a double-take.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

You.guys might want to check Montana Gold, I think they're cheaper than Berry's.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I'm interested in Berry's hollow points. I want to see if they work at all.

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

The .45 hollowpoints give me 2-1/2" groups @ 25 yards off sandbags out of one of my 1911's. I dunno if they expand much because I've only ever shot a couple of 'chucks with them and the bullets just blew a big hole and left town. They seem OK @ about 900 FPS; no leading. I'm happy. This spring I'm going to try 'em in my Marlin Camp .45, same load. More velocity with the longer barrel may change things; I dunno yet.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

http://rmrbullets.com/?v=7516fd43adaa

http://www.bulletsdirect.com/

Two more that I like. A bit less expensive than Berry's for just plinking at the range. I just got some .45 from RMR. 1000 185 gr plus 1000 230 gr for a total of $189 shipping included. The mail lady hates me because the box weighs 68 pounds. Not really, but she does call me when she gets to the mailbox because she can't lift it up to go inside my mailbox down by the county road. As a side note - due to liability I just can't see spending the extra on jacketed hollow points because when I carry I will only do so with factory ammo, so why expend the pricey stuff at the range? I rarely load to max velocities anymore anyway.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

SoupOrMan wrote:I'm interested in Berry's hollow points. I want to see if they work at all.
They work fine. They don't expand of course.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Then they don't really work.