$99 .22 Suppressor

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Vonz90

Re: $99 .22 Suppressor

Post by Vonz90 »

Denis wrote:
First Shirt wrote:Yeah, I kinda agree with you, the juice just isn't worth the squeeze. And I can't think of anything that I normally do, shooting-wise, that a suppressor would improve on.
Proper cans are a big help if you want to cull a few deer out of a herd, without spooking the others. That makes a big difference when getting within shooting distance of the herd might have been a day's hard walking up hill and down glen in Scotland, or up and up an Alp in Bavaria or Austria. Not being deafened by your own shots is a nice side-effect, too.

I do think it's silly that you 'Muricans have to pay suppressor tax. Still, where I live, they're actually forbidden, so I suppose you're ahead on points.
I think most US states (I know for MO) ban their use while hunting, which would eliminate their utility for that purpose.

Edit - I just checked and they may have changed that law. Will have to research, but the generic point is the same.
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Nope.
image.jpeg
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I'd think a dab of permatex #2 on the threads would help keep the sections from unthreading.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

PawPaw wrote:I can't think of a single suppressor that's worth more than $99.00 out the door, and the tax is a joke.
It's a niche product with heavy compliance costs. These and other factors tend to mean the technology level is much higher than unregulated ones (if you're gonna spend money, you want a good one).
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Well, now I just gotta wait for the better part of a year to get it. A Silencerco Spectre is supposedly headed this way. After I did that I came across some CCI .22 lr called "Quiet". Rating on the box says 710 ft/sec. It certainly is quiet. A little poof and that's about it. It is really quiet our of Grandpa's old Wards Westernfield pump action and a bit noisier out of the revolver. It does not have enough oomph to cycle the Ruger SR 22 but I think I can correct that with a weaker recoil spring before the can gets here.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
evan price

Post by evan price »

I'm currently in NFA holding pattern waiting on the stamp for my new Gemtech GM22. Bought end of July.
Suppressor should be available at the checkout counter next to the batteries and life savers as impulse buy items. The NFA needs an overhaul and repeal.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

True enough. Ranks right up there with thou shall not have a switchblade because you bee gonna kill that dude exactly .037 seconds faster than without.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

modern gun control laws trace back to a guy who died of syphalitic insanity two years after he got his gun control law passed. true story. thanks NYFC.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

evan price wrote:Suppressor should be available at the [strike]checkout counter next to the batteries and life savers as impulse buy items[/strike]from vending machines, right next to the submachine pistols.
FIFY. :ugeek: :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt