UPDATE: DELAYED SHIPPING Good Deal on the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
rightisright

UPDATE: DELAYED SHIPPING Good Deal on the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24

Post by rightisright »

Gander Mountain has the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24 Riflescope, AR-BDC Reticle for $279 w. promo code OUTDOORS.

This is a very well reviewed scope. Many say it out performs similar scopes that are twice the price.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... 6b7hEWEHbA

UPDATE: Gander Mountain just informed me this scope is on back order until the middle of July. I don't really care as I have other projects to work on. But if you are looking for this ASAP, don't bother with this deal.
Last edited by rightisright on Wed May 18, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darrell

Re: Good Deal on the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24

Post by Darrell »

That is a good deal. I paid $329.99 for one a while back, the going price at the time.

I meant to write a review, but forgot about it. It is a very nice scope for the price.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Huh. That will look good on the 5.56 upper I haven't built yet.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Darrell wrote:That is a good deal. I paid $329.99 for one a while back, the going price at the time.

I meant to write a review, but forgot about it. It is a very nice scope for the price.
What mount did you go with?
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I wound up getting a Burris PEPR 30mm mount for it. I already have one carrying the Burris 1-4x on the Adams Arms carbine. Prices on the PEPR have come down some, I got it for ~$60 IIRC.

I really like the Strike Eagle, the 6x gets me a little farther than the 4x of the Burris or Leupold I have been using. It has a nice clear image, and the reticle isn't too busy.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Darrell wrote:I wound up getting a Burris PEPR 30mm mount for it. I already have one carrying the Burris 1-4x on the Adams Arms carbine. Prices on the PEPR have come down some, I got it for ~$60 IIRC.

I really like the Strike Eagle, the 6x gets me a little farther than the 4x of the Burris or Leupold I have been using. It has a nice clear image, and the reticle isn't too busy.
I was looking at the PEPR or the Vortex cantilevered equivalent. I already have one PEPR that I am happy with, so I'll get another. Looks like the prices have come down. IIRC, I paid around $100 for mine a few years ago.
rightisright

Re: UPDATE: DELAYED SHIPPING Good Deal on the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24

Post by rightisright »

Purple, Red and White Truck o' Joy stopped by today w. my scope and mount.
20160608_193105.jpg
I'm really amazed at the change in optics quality over the last 10-15 years. This thing is crystal clear w. great eye relief.

Now, which rifle to mount it on... I am picking up a nice 18" AR 10 tomorrow, but that may call for a higher powered optic...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Denis

Post by Denis »

rightisright wrote:Purple, Red and White Truck o' Joy stopped by today w. my scope and mount.
20160608_193105.jpg
I'm really amazed at the change in optics quality over the last 10-15 years. This thing is crystal clear w. great eye relief.

Now, which rifle to mount it on... I am picking up a nice 18" AR 10 tomorrow, but that may call for a higher powered optic...
Lucky you. Well wear! Did the scope come with the covers, or did you buy them too? If so, which ones did you get?

I have never found any flip-up scope covers I like. The Butler Creek ones are pure junk, and every flip-up cover seems to be noisy and somehow in the way. I prefer a neoprene scope sock or a rubber bikini-style cover (or a bit of tyre inner tube and two cable ties).
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

It came w. the covers. They fit nice and snug, but not too tight. We'll see how they hold up.