Militia radio equipment & Freqs.

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Cybrludite

Militia radio equipment & Freqs.

Post by Cybrludite »

A bit snide towards the militia types, and tends to try & tie the movement as a whole to the Bundy freakshow, but good information on what gear they're using and which frequencies they operate on.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Rumpshot

Re: Militia radio equipment & Freqs.

Post by Rumpshot »

Interesting article. With the Baofeng model UV-5R as their primary radio, it is pretty obvious they are on a tight budget. The radio is not bad, per se, but there are much better radios and programming software available for not all that much money.

I am surprised at the effort in command and control that they are doing, or attempting to do. I don't expect they have as much training and discipline as they should have for maximum effectiveness.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Interesting. I saw an article elsewhere castigating them for hanging their radios out front where they're easy to damage.

Also interesting that they lost a supply convoy because they were using a government repeater to discuss resupply and public users of that frequency reported them to the police. Bad communications security. The other interesting point to me about that was that the police didn't hear it themselves.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Termite

Post by Termite »

Unless the feds shut down the local cell network, $50 "burn" phones from Dollar General are more secure and anonomous.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."